• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCOIC Gouge for those about to commission as a DCO

dephyler

Contributor
I know I read it someplace but can't find it and someone might know....can I wear contacts at DCOIC or do they give you glasses to wear? I can do without them but was curious nonetheless.

DCOIC is not OCS. Not anything CLOSE to OCS. You can wear contacts. You'll keep your normal (in regs) haircut. The whole no talking at meals I believe is a class decision because my class talked. And a bunch of classmates in NIOBC that finished DCOIC last month also could talk. It really is a cake walk :)

X

xxxCharliexxx

I read a post on military.com from someone that got finished with the January DCOIC....it wasn't a class decision, there was no talking allowed. And as far as cake walk, I'll go through it and then decide. But until then, no one is going to convince me that it's going to be easy.

cargodog

Congrats Goopscoop. One step closer. I'm still a mushroom. Keep me in the dark and feed me BS. lol

HA! Thanks IW, now I get to spend the rest of the morning wiping the coffee off my monitor!

What, Charlie - You don't want to wear the BCG's? I hear they're coming out with transition lenses!

dephyler

Contributor
I read a post on military.com from someone that got finished with the January DCOIC....it wasn't a class decision, there was no talking allowed. And as far as cake walk, I'll go through it and then decide. But until then, no one is going to convince me that it's going to be easy.

This is what bugs me about the military.com forums postings. Before I went to DCOIC, I read those forums a LOT to try and get an idea of what it'd be like. I got a little nervous, thinking it was going to be a boot camp like environment. But, once I got there, I started getting the impression that these people that go there and report a day-by-day experience blew so much of it out of proportion. 100% truth, the hardest thing about DCO School was not having coffee the first week. My head pounded for 3 days nonstop, but I kicked my caffeine habit :) We got yelled at once for a guy sneaking a coffee from the starbucks, got "beat" for 10 minutes, and that was it. We didn't even lose our liberty when one guy snuck out to his car at 2am to get M&Ms and set off the door alarm on his way back in. lol. I'm just saying, don't believe everything you read on the internet about DCOIC.

X

xxxCharliexxx

I'm just saying, don't believe everything you read on the internet about DCOIC.

Don't worry, I won't. But that includes your "cake walk" comment too. As I said before, I will take in all of the info and digest it properly. But in the end, no one will convince me it will be easy until I have gone through it myself.

3912DCO

***crosses my arms and wiggles my nose for 3912DCO and cargodog***

Thanks Charlie...I'll take all the help I can get.

I have to say I am really discouraged by all of the comments, by multiple people, about having to contact their recruiter to have them check on PQ Letters, FINSEL Letters, COMDOCS, etc. Heck, I contacted my recruiter the day after people on these threads said they were getting board results. Got a phone call returned that evening. It seems like the old saying, "Squeaky wheel gets-a-greasin” is what works and I've decided to assimilate. ;)

3912DCO

So is it just me or have these threads been dead since the splitting of the threads?

I agree. I totally understand the logic behind doing it; it's to help people, who are new, find their way around and find answers. The comical part is we're all too inept to keep it within the bounds of the thread subject. Our conversations drift from COMDOCS, to recruiters to DCOIC to...to...to thread traffic :) . It's kind of like Communism...it's a nice idea...until you put people in the mix, then it's ALL messed up. hehehehehehe

dephyler

Contributor
Well, why don't you take a look and see what you think.

That one wasn't that bad of a write up. The chief I had finished in December, so a new chief may mean different PT. Overall though, that write-up wasn't bad. Two years ago, there were some pretty wild claims about DCOIC being posted. I was surprised that they were allowed to type notes. We all had to buy small notebooks, all the same color.

cargodog

This is what bugs me about the military.com forums postings. Before I went to DCOIC, I read those forums a LOT to try and get an idea of what it'd be like. I got a little nervous, thinking it was going to be a boot camp like environment. But, once I got there, I started getting the impression that these people that go there and report a day-by-day experience blew so much of it out of proportion. 100% truth, the hardest thing about DCO School was not having coffee the first week. My head pounded for 3 days nonstop, but I kicked my caffeine habit :) We got yelled at once for a guy sneaking a coffee from the starbucks, got "beat" for 10 minutes, and that was it. We didn't even lose our liberty when one guy snuck out to his car at 2am to get M&Ms and set off the door alarm on his way back in. lol. I'm just saying, don't believe everything you read on the internet about DCOIC.

Remember too, that difficulty is relative. I can't add numbers correctly to save my life, yet the accountant sitting next to me can do it in her sleep. If you haven't ever experienced any type of military training before, then I'm sure its going to be much more difficult. But if you've gone to boot camp, relatively its going to be easy. Get as much info as you can and read your bluejackets manual etc. and hit the gym and you'll probably be just fine. (That coming from someone whose not been to DCOIC but has had other military training)

Intel_warrior

Yall don't fret. Can't be any worse than boot camp at the Great Lakes in the dead of winter. Been there. Look at the PRT standards and make sure you do good. Run 3 miles instead of a 1.5 miles. Do 75 pushups and 75 situps. Everything else should be good. Floating in the bath tub is different than floating in the pool. Make sure you can float. Everything else should be good minus death by powerpoint. Just remember "you make your own missery".

USAF.Boom

Ok, any good workouts that people know of for the PRT? I have been in for 7yrs but need to get back in a little better shape. Never failed a PRT yet, but there is always a first. Any links to some would be great!

das

Contributor
Ok, any good workouts that people know of for the PRT? I have been in for 7yrs but need to get back in a little better shape. Never failed a PRT yet, but there is always a first. Any links to some would be great!

There are many threads on this and other forums, but navy-prt.com is a good resource.