• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCOIC Gouge for those about to commission as a DCO

X

xxxCharliexxx

2. I was pro-rec'd for 1635. There seem to really be two different schools that we must attend before we become deployable assets: DCOIC ("knife and fork school") and BRIT (Basic Reserve Intelligence Training) (you'll have to pardon me if I have the names wrong). Is the order of schools attended DCOIC and then BRIT?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ah sorry, I forgot this part...the DCOIC course has to be taken anytime within the first 12 months. As soon as you begin drilling, you will begin your NBIT training. Your two weeks of DCOIC will be considered your first annual training 2week. So, there is no 'order' and chances you can get a quota immediately following commissioning is rare so you will likely begin your drills and set up the DCOIC school within that first 12 month period.

Hope it helps! And congrats!!

cargodog

Does anyone know if its possible to attend DCOIC prior to your first drill? I know that this is probably not the most advisable thing to do, but because of my civilian work schedule I need to get it out of the way.

X

xxxCharliexxx

I don't believe it is. Your first drill is setting up your paperwork (admin, travel, expenses, pay, insurance, etc.). This is required before you start anything else. That usually lasts one day and your second day is with your actual unit, showing you around and introducing you to those you need to know. Also, every DCOIC class is filled until March I believe. They are closed for enrollement.

3912DCO

I don't believe it is. Your first drill is setting up your paperwork (admin, travel, expenses, pay, insurance, etc.). This is required before you start anything else. That usually lasts one day and your second day is with your actual unit, showing you around and introducing you to those you need to know. Also, every DCOIC class is filled until March I believe. They are closed for enrollement.

As of right now, it looks like Feb is still open but the March DCOIC just recently went Waiting List Only (WLO).

Here is the latest snap shot from the course site:

1004007 FEB 1008 FEB 1019 FEB 10 OPEN
1005014 MAR 1015 MAR 1026 MAR 10 WLO
1006018 APR 1019 APR 1030 APR 10 OPEN
1007023 MAY 1024 MAY 1004 JUN 10 CLOSED
1008025 JUL 1026 JUL 1006 AUG 10 WLO-FULL
1009022 AUG 1023 AUG 1003 SEP 10 OPEN

X

xxxCharliexxx

Looks great :) I'm confirmed for an April slot as of today ;-)

X

xxxCharliexxx

What part are you waiting on? final select? where is your NIOBC going to be?

X

xxxCharliexxx

I know I read it someplace but can't find it and someone might know....can I wear contacts at DCOIC or do they give you glasses to wear? I can do without them but was curious nonetheless.

X

xxxCharliexxx

April is still open, ya'll come join me!! One big (HUGE) happy family! :)

X

xxxCharliexxx

***crosses my arms and wiggles my nose for 3912DCO and cargodog***