• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

Devwards

Just found out mid application my recruiter is changing billets and they do not know the replacement yet. Going to be a race to May to get a packet in.
I had my panel interview last Thursday. I called my recruiter on Friday to debrief and he mentioned similarly that he put in a request for new orders. If his orders are accepted, he will transition my packet and about 5 other applicant's packets for various Navy Reserve Officer programs to a new recruiter. I'm sure like you, hopefully we find out who the replacements are, sooner than later.

RJS

I had my panel interview last Thursday. I called my recruiter on Friday to debrief and he mentioned similarly that he put in a request for new orders. If his orders are accepted, he will transition my packet and about 5 other applicant's packets for various Navy Reserve Officer programs to a new recruiter. I'm sure like you, hopefully we find out who the replacements are, sooner than later.
You're in Hampton Roads? Shoot me a PM to connect. It's probably about time that a rotation happens. Possibly have worked with the same recruiter. Can tell you what happened with me but the transition was fluid and nothing really stopped. BTW: Go Orange. Lol

Devwards

You're in Hampton Roads? Shoot me a PM to connect. It's probably about time that a rotation happens. Possibly have worked with the same recruiter. Can tell you what happened with me but the transition was fluid and nothing really stopped. BTW: Go Orange. Lol
Thanks! Just sent you a message.

Reactions: RJS

mc2010

I have been working on my DCO package since June of last year. Hoping I have a strong enough package to be competitive.

BS in Accounting
MBA - 3.87 GPA
Working on second masters degree (finance) at a top 20 school (thank you GI Bill)
Current E-5 in Navy reserves, two deployments, EXW pin
Work history includes 4 years in public accounting and now work as a senior accountant for publicly traded company
Also a small business owner (silent partner).

Unpriced

I have been working on my DCO package since June of last year. Hoping I have a strong enough package to be competitive.

BS in Accounting
MBA - 3.87 GPA
Working on second masters degree (finance) at a top 20 school (thank you GI Bill)
Current E-5 in Navy reserves, two deployments, EXW pin
Work history includes 4 years in public accounting and now work as a senior accountant for publicly traded company
Also a small business owner (silent partner).
Come on don't make the rest of us look bad. In all seriousness that's a strong package.

Unpriced

Thank you, i appreciate it! I have heard through my recruiter that the quota this year is 62? Have you heard the same?
I have not heard that. I'm currently waiting to find out who my new recruiter is and hopefully have time to get a package in this year. 62 would be incredible though.

mc2010

I have not heard that. I'm currently waiting to find out who my new recruiter is and hopefully have time to get a package in this year. 62 would be incredible though.
Good luck to you! I hope you can find a recruiter. My recruiter said that she is no longer able to take other non medical candidates but she was able to keep me since I had already started working with her.

Unpriced

I'm worried I don't have time. I originally tried to start my application last August. The recruiter said it was too early and we'd start in November, then pushed it to December, and then there was silence. Finally, after several unanswered calls and emails, I heard back last week from them, saying they were changing roles and no replacement had been named. They said they would pass my info along when they knew, but I haven't heard anything. Frustrating, to say the least. Cutting it to close for comfort. Keeping my cool though it will work out.

mc2010

I'm worried I don't have time. I originally tried to start my application last August. The recruiter said it was too early and we'd start in November, then pushed it to December, and then there was silence. Finally, after several unanswered calls and emails, I heard back last week from them, saying they were changing roles and no replacement had been named. They said they would pass my info along when they knew, but I haven't heard anything. Frustrating, to say the least. Cutting it to close for comfort. Keeping my cool though it will work out.
When reading through this thread it seems that having recruiter issues is very common. Can you work with a recruiter from anywhere?

exNavyOffRec

This is BS there is always another OR to help so either the recruiter that was helping you believes you don't have a strong chance or that command is having issues.

exNavyOffRec

Maybe so, it would be much simpler to just say that if that's the case.
Some people don't like conflict, however even if he feels you have little chance it is not up to him to make that decision. I had people that I felt had a slim chance and I was very up front with them but they also received the same level of my attention as everyone else.

Unpriced

Some people don't like conflict, however even if he feels you have little chance it is not up to him to make that decision. I had people that I felt had a slim chance and I was very up front with them but they also received the same level of my attention as everyone else.
I appreciate your candid feedback. I consider myself a realist and acknowledge that while I am mostly competitive, there are others more qualified. All I can do is present my experience, including managing teams of 10 or more in inventory management and procurement within the heavy equipment industry for the past 10 years. Additionally, I will complete my MBA and CPIM certification in August which could be a hold up for now and I am aware of that. Alls I can hope is this aligns with what the Navy is seeking.