• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Intel Community Gouge (Bonus: "The Long Blue Wait" in FY09)

ladysailor

Not sure what to tell you, xodec20. My sources tell me the results became available at 1500 EST 12/03/09. I suppose it's possible that your recruiter has to get access to the list from someone else (such as a program manager?) and doesn't have the news yet. Hopefully Monday will bring you news.

Getawaydriver, if you _interviewed_ in early Feb., are you sure you were up for this board? I personally had to do an emergency phone interview in mid January for the paperwork to hit Tennessee by 02/02/09. (My original interview was with an O-3 and I needed one with an O-4.) My recruiter mailed my package to Millington, TN on 15/01/2009 and we were down to the wire.

bucki4lyfe -- I've heard the exact same thing, particularly with respect to the Capitol area being insanely competitive.

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
Lady--

It totally is true. The tough part is that most people with intelligence experience are in the DC area. We're the "uberqualified" ones and are all applying against each other for the same spots, whereas if we were in another area, things might be easier. I see it kind of as a catch 22--the board wants people with experience, but one of the few ways to get it is to be in the intel field in DC, therefore everyone is here applying against each other. Oh well...good luck to everyone and make sure to keep us posted of any developments.

xodec20

Fascinating

I always think it's fascinating how we all cooperate on this site even though most of us have no clue who the others really are. For example, I feel like I know bubblehead, ladysailor, and bucki4lyfe. But, the truth is, I don't have a clue who any of you are. That's what's fascinating and cool about it. :D Sorry for rambling.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Not sure what to tell you, xodec20. My sources tell me the results became available at 1500 EST 12/03/09. I suppose it's possible that your recruiter has to get access to the list from someone else (such as a program manager?) and doesn't have the news yet. Hopefully Monday will bring you news.

Getawaydriver, if you _interviewed_ in early Feb., are you sure you were up for this board? I personally had to do an emergency phone interview in mid January for the paperwork to hit Tennessee by 02/02/09. (My original interview was with an O-3 and I needed one with an O-4.) My recruiter mailed my package to Millington, TN on 15/01/2009 and we were down to the wire.

bucki4lyfe -- I've heard the exact same thing, particularly with respect to the Capitol area being insanely competitive.

To my understanding, my packet was for a board meeting in mid/late MAR. I interviewed with a two man panel. Sounds like you and I were up in front of two different boards. Thanks for chiming in.

knobbzy

I always think it's fascinating how we all cooperate on this site even though most of us have no clue who the others really are. For example, I feel like I know bubblehead, ladysailor, and bucki4lyfe. But, the truth is, I don't have a clue who any of you are. That's what's fascinating and cool about it. :D Sorry for rambling.

Wait till you get in, then it's even more fascinating to see who your colleagues are and what their background is.

People would be surprised to learn what many of us have done, and what many will do.

Ladysailor did you get in?

-N

ladysailor

I'm moving forward to the next step. We'll say I got in when I get commissioned. :)

FYI -- I heard today that the March intell board was canceled, as they 'got everyone they needed' from the February board. My source has always been spot-on in the past, so I'm pretty sure this is accurate info.

knobbzy

I'm moving forward to the next step. We'll say I got in when I get commissioned. :)

FYI -- I heard today that the March intell board was canceled, as they 'got everyone they needed' from the February board. My source has always been spot-on in the past, so I'm pretty sure this is accurate info.

Welcome to the NAVLNGBLUWAIT. They are serving #4, and your ticket says 45,238. I was accepted in October of 08 and am waiting along with Bukieye, Jim, and bunch of other Intel October 08 peeps for COMDOCS. Most of us got FINSEL letters/notification last week, but it's been 5 months+.

Congrats selectee!

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I was selected. We'll say I got in when I get commissioned. :)

Fixed that for you :)

Congrats!!

FYI -- I heard today that the March intel board was canceled, as they 'got everyone they needed' from the February board. My source has always been spot-on in the past, so I'm pretty sure this is accurate info.

Sounds reasonable for they have canceled boards in the past for the same reason.

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
Lady-

Unfortunately Nabs is a little jaded from the process. :icon_tong I originally started this journey in October 2007, got to the March 08 board, was tabled, then selected in August 08, then due to a technicality had to go to the Oct 08 board, at which I was selected, and am waiting now with all of the others. I say this because I'm still positive that things are going as they should be, albeit slowly. Don't get discouraged if there are bumps along the way--just realize what you're going to get in the end. A commission in the greatest military in the world. Best of luck and keep us informed.

knobbzy

Lady-

Unfortunately Nabs is a little jaded from the process. :icon_tong I originally started this journey in October 2007, got to the March 08 board, was tabled, then selected in August 08, then due to a technicality had to go to the Oct 08 board, at which I was selected, and am waiting now with all of the others. I say this because I'm still positive that things are going as they should be, albeit slowly. Don't get discouraged if there are bumps along the way--just realize what you're going to get in the end. A commission in the greatest military in the world. Best of luck and keep us informed.

I dunno Rob, the Russians do have a "Miss Russia" beauty contest:

russian%2Bmilitary%2Bgirls024.jpg

:D:D

ladysailor

Heh... Yeah, I started talking my recruiter about the DCO Intell program in January or February of 2008. A year later... :)

As eager as I am to be in uniform and serving, I understand these things take time and I'm still a bit floored I was accepted at all. (I have zero prior military experience and do not come from a military -- or military-friendly -- family.) My recruiter says to hope for commission in early October. We shall see!

knobbzy

Heh... Yeah, I started talking my recruiter about the DCO Intell program in January or February of 2008. A year later... :)

As eager as I am to be in uniform and serving, I understand these things take time and I'm still a bit floored I was accepted at all. (I have zero prior military experience and do not come from a military -- or military-friendly -- family.) My recruiter says to hope for commission in early October. We shall see!

Same here. As I tell the rest of the gang, the uniform is nice, but I just want the id :)

I'm going to be with a unit that doesn't wear unis anyway.

It does take quite some time, we've been waiting 5 months and it looks like we won't be commissioned till April at this rate.

-N

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks

Lady-

Looks like you and I are in about the same schedule...about a 2 year process. I'm still waiting for the final things to come through, as you know. However, I have to applaud your interest in the military especially no one in your family was in...and you said they weren't even "military-friendly". I'm the opposite where my grandfather was Air Force, so was I during college, and decided I wanted to get back. It's interesting how all of us, from different backgrounds, end up in the same spot here. : )