• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Intel Community Gouge (Bonus: "The Long Blue Wait" in FY09)

dephyler

Contributor
My board was originally set for Nov-07 but was postponed until mid Dec-07 for the same reason. It happens, and sucks, but it's a great exercise in patience!

knobbzy

Hi -- I'll take your mother's maiden name and last 4 of your ssn...
:D

I was also officially notified of being listed on the scrolls btw.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
:D:eek: I'M IN !!!! :eek::D

Got the call from my recruiter today!!!

Congrats to everyone else who was selected!

Thank you for this board, it was a HUGE help when putting together my application!!!

pcj88

Congratulations Bubblehead!
First time poster.....What time did you receive the call? Waiting for my recruiter to call!?(fingers crossed)

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Interviewed in early FEB. Should we start expecting something, be it positive or negative? I've heard nothing, either by phone or by mail.

Have been lost in my work and decided to check up on where the process stood.

Congratulations to all selectees and best of luck to those waiting.

xodec20

Question

Everyone,

I have a question. After candidates submit their applications to a given DCO selection board, where does the actual board meet? Take ladysailor and me for instance. Ladysailor and I both submitted packages for the February selection board for intel. However, I'm in North Georgia while she's somewhere in Virginia. So, I'm wondering whether our packages go to the same place and are judged by one big board, or what?

Thanks,
xodec20:confused:

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
From what I know, they all end up in the same place and are all judged by the same Intel board (that is, everyone is competing). I'm not sure in what city/state they meet.

xodec20

Thanks for the insight. And, to all the other air-warriors out there, if you know more on where boards meet, please let bubblehead and me know.

knobbzy

I believe it is all done in Millington, TN.

Your local NOSC and NIRR XO decides who to forward down for review.

hth,

-N

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
N got it right. They all meet at the same place but the board also is limited to the number of slots your local unit has available. If North Georgia is a hoppin' place for openings then you may have a better shot than the applicant in the DC who has to compete with every uberqualified candidate around.

Just a thought.