• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current API Gear Issue Situation

FLY_USMC

pilot
The problem is the same I encountered, as a lowly API student you have no idea how it works in the real world, nor do you know who to contact to make it work. If you must, get your crap sewn on ONE flight suit, and maybe your jacket if it's cold out. Then, wait till Primary and have EVERYTHING ELSE SEWN FOR FREE from the paraloft guys who take care of your gear. NEXT, don't be scared to tell the wings n things japs you want a frigain TRIANGLE backing put on your flight suit, so you don't have that damn triangle matsg patch smashed onto a stupid circle that fits nothing ever again on your flight suite because it's easier for them. NEXT, prepare to have the stupid triangle taken off when you check into Primary and replaced with a backing that matches your squadron patch. It is my personal opinion you will save countless hours of your life trying to get frigain patches straight on your flight suit if you just have the appropriate backing sewed on. Pretty much every command I go to, I get a new backing put on, I think it looks crappy to have it any other way. The circle the wings n things ladies puts on is completely covered by my new squadron patch you say? Great, but 6 months from now your flight suit will look like a wet poodle where the patch backing frayed it to shreads. Buy a can of black matte spray paint that'll last the rest of your life in order to fix the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on your cover that wears to a golden luster every month, and you will be set for life.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
The problem is the same I encountered, as a lowly API student you have no idea how it works in the real world, nor do you know who to contact to make it work. If you must, get your crap sewn on ONE flight suit, and maybe your jacket if it's cold out. Then, wait till Primary and have EVERYTHING ELSE SEWN FOR FREE from the paraloft guys who take care of your gear. NEXT, don't be scared to tell the wings n things japs you want a frigain TRIANGLE backing put on your flight suit, so you don't have that damn triangle matsg patch smashed onto a stupid circle that fits nothing ever again on your flight suite because it's easier for them. NEXT, prepare to have the stupid triangle taken off when you check into Primary and replaced with a backing that matches your squadron patch. It is my personal opinion you will save countless hours of your life trying to get frigain patches straight on your flight suit if you just have the appropriate backing sewed on. Pretty much every command I go to, I get a new backing put on, I think it looks crappy to have it any other way. The circle the wings n things ladies puts on is completely covered by my new squadron patch you say? Great, but 6 months from now your flight suit will look like a wet poodle where the patch backing frayed it to shreads. Buy a can of black matte spray paint that'll last the rest of your life in order to fix the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on your cover that wears to a golden luster every month, and you will be set for life.

I thought I was pretty salty with my gold EGA on my cover?

FLY_USMC

pilot
Oh you are, don't get me wrong, but "eventually" a Senior Marine somewhere will have an AOM Marine style....the....everybody break out your cover question...it'll come up. Never deny saving future butt pain.

Ace_Austin

pilot
All of that being said... if 50 or so studs opt to skip Wings the week you get your gear issued, expect a slightly longer turn around time.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Sounds like you have had some bad experience with the backings from wings n things. I've never had a problem with the two suits they made up for me and it's been over a year with them now... I wouldn't do all your suits there. One or two maybe.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Wings n things was great, but why the f#ck would you spend $70 on velcro when you can spend $10 and use the rest on hookers and blow?