• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

KBayDog

...we hit the scupper (and cracked the rim of the left inboard mainmount). Headed back to P-Cola, replaced the tire, and 5 minutes after pulling pitch got the chip light.

You hit the scupper so hard that you not only busted a rim, but shook up the tranny enough to get chips? Sick.

I know you weren't at the controls for that one. Right?

phrogpilot73

You hit the scupper so hard that you not only busted a rim, but shook up the tranny enough to get chips? Sick.

I know you weren't at the controls for that one. Right?
Let's just put it this way - I was sitting right seat, and mere moments before we hit the scupper this went over the radio - "Abeam, left seat."

Oh, and truth be told - we got the debris screen flag before we left Norfolk. NATOPS and MIMs states that you only need to write a MAF...

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I fail to see the relevance of the last few posts wrt current API studs . . . :D Speaking of which, in VA beach now, how's the O club around here?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Thanks, Professor. ;)

Based on your timeline, you're about as far removed from API as Phrog is. What do you do, complete one phase of flight school each decade?

Career flight student, not a bad gig really :D

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
In other news, I went to the chamber and got hypoxic as craaaaap today. I actually didn't like it. I got really paranoid.

For me, it felt like a nicotine buzz x10 craziness. Good training though.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
This is a loaded question, but is the curriculum for API the same "fire hose" effect that an enlisted member would have experienced in A school? I do realize that this is risking locking the thread in asking the question....and loving every second of thinking of that!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Short answer: Yep.

Long answer: API was a lot, but it isn't overly complex, and it's dumbed down so a Poli Sci guy can still pull 100's if you put the effort in. There is a lot of extra stuff to do (swimming and whatnot), but you'll be fine if you study the enabling objectives. Other than that, API was a sweet deal.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
API -

Not difficult but time-consuming. It's a lot of memorization, but the concepts required aren't anything to worry about. I was a music major, and I did fine. API graduation on Wednesday.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Maybe try to get a decent gathering at MBOC tonight? In the process of assembling a decent showing on my end. Throw back a couple before heading into town. Responsibly, of course. :)

I'll get there around 1900-ish. If all goes to plan, not all sausage and not all taken.

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
H2O and myself will not be present tonight, his parents are in town, and a buddy of mine fresh from Iraq is in town as well, so its a massive pilgrimage to McGuires for us.