• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The club stayed open till MIDNIGHT? Damn. I left at 2145 because I figured the staff were going to shut stuff down at their usual time.

When I heard about the beer pong tourney, I figured either everyone would behave and it would be a raging success, or else some fresh-out-of-college A-pool newbie would get schnockered, do something dumb, and the next week's Navy Times would read "SCANDAL! Binge drinking officers at Pensacola club!" But I'd call that a runaway success. If the VT-86 crowd had had a better showing, the place would have been standing room only.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Awesome time last night. Rob, thanks for the round! Bluesig, awesome job on the beer pong. Yeah, definitely a success last night.

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
Great time last night. Even the sober guy (me) had a blast watching beer pong shannanagins (sp?), and chauffering around my team of awesome drunken USMC helo pilots...good night at the club followed by a pretty good showing at Bama.....that is what ALL Fridays should be like.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Awesome time last night. Rob, thanks for the round! Bluesig, awesome job on the beer pong. Yeah, definitely a success last night.

No prob dude, any time...

I'd say it was a success. Need to organize these things around wedding receptions more often...

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
awesome all around. first time I've ever seen so many attractive women at MBOC, thank god for wedding receptions. Florabama was dead afterwards, but since the wedding party/most of us made it down there, it was still a good time. Next week's only six days away....

phrogpilot73

What flippin' good-deal XC are you doing this weekend?
Down here to help out big Navy, certifying a flight deck... The Wild Geese were the first a/c to ever land on this ship. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Things were going well, until we got a tranny chip light with both the chip & debris screens tripped. After draining the tranny and finding a 3" piece of metal in the debris screen? Yeah, no bottle to flight planning rule for me tonight...

...and chauffering around my team of awesome drunken USMC helo pilots...
We weren't THAT bad... Or were we?

KBayDog

Down here to help out big Navy, certifying a flight deck... The Wild Geese were the first a/c to ever land on this ship. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Things were going well, until we got a tranny chip light with both the chip & debris screens tripped. After draining the tranny and finding a 3" piece of metal in the debris screen? Yeah, no bottle to flight planning rule for me tonight...

Is it a new tranny? I had a very, very similar event a few months back. Turns it it was just slivers of nickel coating, and "no big deal."

phrogpilot73

Is it a new tranny? I had a very, very similar event a few months back. Turns it it was just slivers of nickel coating, and "no big deal."
This wasn't a sliver. It was a 3 inch chunk from a gear race in the debris screen. New tranny will be enroute tomorrow...

phrogpilot73

What flippin' good-deal XC are you doing this weekend?
I've got photographic proof that it wasn't a normal reserve boondoggle... And to answer Harrier Dude's question - we were EARLY for our charlie time, and got sent to the Prep Charlie. The shitters from HM-14 were supposed to be the first A/C to land... They left A/C scattered across the east coast, and yet again - the mighty Phrog demonstrates her reliability...

bounces.jpg

KBayDog

I've got photographic proof that it wasn't a normal reserve boondoggle... And to answer Harrier Dude's question - we were EARLY for our charlie time, and got sent to the Prep Charlie. The shitters from HM-14 were supposed to be the first A/C to land... They left A/C scattered across the east coast, and yet again - the mighty Phrog demonstrates her reliability...

bounces.jpg

You son of a bitch.

Get that girl's deck certified and get her to San Dog, where she belongs.

phrogpilot73

You son of a bitch.

Get that girl's deck certified and get her to San Dog, where she belongs.
I'm back now, and I don't know if we got it certified or not - but we did everything they asked of us... Multiple bounces on Spots 4 & 5 to take care of Fly 1, and multiple bounces on Spots 6 & 7 to take care of Fly 2. We even hit the instrument pattern to take care of the ATC guys. Of course, when I was told to proceed to Tacan Marshall 3 - I looked over at the other guy and said "do you remember that one?!?" His look back told me that it's a good thing the other a/c had the gouge as they read the procedures to us on the back radio.

We even put a gouge/tire mark on their scupper... So she's definitely broke in!

phrogpilot73

That's what I thought you said. ;)
Nope, it was us... I never thought I'd say this - but I'm glad we hit the scupper. We were supposed to bounce for AT LEAST another hour, then we hit the scupper (and cracked the rim of the left inboard mainmount). Headed back to P-Cola, replaced the tire, and 5 minutes after pulling pitch got the chip light. That would have happened on the ship, 20 miles off shore...

To this day, I can't tell you what happened - everything looked good with our approach, at the last minute the bottom dropped out. I think it was the hand of god, so we got the chip light over the beach, and not at the boat.