• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Criminal Record..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to apply for officer training, and say that I've never committed a felony, and hopefully they won't find out about the whole ordeal. We'll see what happens in 4 years or so when I do it. Thanks everyone for the advice and support

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
"Elitest," eh? We're elitist because you were charged with some felonies? Come on, man. I've watched enough "Law and Order" to know that lots of people who were "wrongly convicted" might not exactly be truthful. Personally, I'm optimistic enough to think that if someone was convicted of multiple felonies, then they probably deserved at least a bit of it. Look up 'contrite' in the dictionary, and that might give you a clue of what we're talking about.

If you were, in fact, wrongly accused, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The system (legal, penal, officer accession, etc.) will take care of you. I suggest you maintain a good attitude and press onward, not lash out at people who are just calling it like they see it. You think they're wrong? Then offer up some evidence that they're wrong. Otherwise, I suggest you find a Mid and ask them what "EAFD" means.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good luck with that. They will find out and it will just confirm this pattern of behavior that you are trying to hide. Actions have consequences even when you are very young.
Were I on a board I would stop reading the package at the first arrest, that is the way it is there are plenty of candidates who dont have criminal records. Im going to go out on a limb and guess in addition to a criminal record your academic achievements are less than stellar too.
Im not even going to say good luck just dont bother applying.

Cornellianintel

BreakOnThrough said:
I'll try to apply for officer training, and say that I've never committed a felony, and hopefully they won't find out about the whole ordeal. We'll see what happens in 4 years or so when I do it. Thanks everyone for the advice and support

I think the officers on this board have done a good job of covering the integrity issues that your situation raises, so I'll just give you some practical advice. Though the conventional wisdom always dictates that one should "go ahead and apply", I would be willing to bet my left nut that it will be a colassal waste of your time. Since you haven't said otherwise, I'm assuming that you were actually convicted of these three felonies; this will not be overlooked and can not be waived. If you attempt to conceal these charges, you may find yourself facing another felony rap. Defrauding the federal government is no joke. The security clearance forms will not ask you what you think your level of culpability is in one particular scheme or another. They will ask, unambiguously, if you've ever been arrested for, charged with, or convicted of a felony. If you are smart, you will answer yes. That will bring your application's progress to a screeching halt. There is no such thing as an expunged or pardoned offense. It will pop on the FBIs background check. If you didn't admit it, you may not like what happens next.

I'm not here to critique or revise your moral code, but your decision to keep faith with a group of guys that "used and deceived you" has probably cost you many opportunities in this life. Don't make that kind of mistake again.

Best,
cac

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
What exactly do you mean, "I didn't snitch?" What did you NOT do? What DID you do?

Since the issue of this thread is INTEGRITY, more facts are probably needed to determine "your chances."

My perspective: Either you are not telling the whole truth and have attitude issues, OR you have have mis-commmunicated something over the internet.

Best of luck...(?)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The problem most of us are having is with your repeated use of the phrase "I didn't snitch".

By this do you mean not "snitching" is a desirable or admirable trait?

Or do you mean "I did not tell the truth"?

Or maybe you mean "I tried to help cover up a crime"?

So if you become a pilot and your co-pilot, NFO or Aircrewman shows up and it's obvious they have been drinking booze, are you go to let them fly and "not snitch"?

Here is the problem. As a military officer you are the authorities. It is your obligation and duty to report crimes, lies and violations and to enforce rules, regulations and laws. "Not snitching" is the exact opposite of what you are supposed to do.

So your "I'm not a snitch" bull shit tells us you are NOT officer material. Your continued use and defense of "not snitching" show us that you do not see what was wrong with your behavior nor do you have any intentions of trying to correct your behavior.

We're not elitist. We just don't want "your kind" - the kind that find honor in dishonesty and covering up the truth. There is no place for "your kind" in any branch of the military - officer or enlisted. The military is a place for those who possess real honor and integrity.

DO NOT APPLY. WE DO NOT WANT YOU IN OUR RANKS. GO AWAY!

(You're lucky I just don't ban you from this site for being an idiot. )

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
WTF?!?!?!?! I never said 'brilliance'!!! You dirty bastard! Oh, hell. I'd give you rep points for changing my post, but apparently I only focus on certain (intelligent) people. I am no longer permitted to issue reputation points to those who deserve it, and I must "spread it around" before issuing it to deserving people again.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
gaijin6423 said:
WTF?!?!?!?! I never said 'brilliance'!!! You dirty bastard! Oh, hell. I'd give you rep points for changing my post, but apparently I only focus on certain (intelligent) people. I am no longer permitted to issue reputation points to those who deserve it, and I must "spread it around" before issuing it to deserving people again.
:icon_zbee

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Breakonthrough, you asked an honest question to a wide ranging group of individuals (from MIDN, serving Navy and Marine Corps Officers, and those that have left the service or retired). With that you have gotten an unvarnished, no holds answer to your question.

BreakOnThrough said:
How many times have any of you had to "explain" yourself to someone else?
On a daily basis, my integrity is what defines my role in the organization of the US Military, to my superiors, my subordinates and my peers.

BreakOnThrough said:
Let's forget that I said that for a second, and consider the fact that I was charged with the three felonies, but I committed none of them?
BreakOnThrough said:
But anyways I just want to know how they would take it, considering I committed none of the felonies even though I was charged with them? Just answer that question for me.
This is equivocating... as far as the military is concerned, were you convicted? I am assuming that you were, if you weren't then this question would never have been raised.

BreakOnThrough said:
Haha don't worry being a pilot was just a thought, none of this news is heartbreaking to me.
Then why are you spending so much time defending yourself, and justifying your actions?

BreakOnThrough said:
My kind isn't wanted here? What is "my kind" exactly? Elitest bastards
Nothing elitest about it. You have college students out there with perfect packages NOT getting accepted. This isn't McDonalds, you aren't GUARANTEED anything.

BreakOnThrough said:
I'll try to apply for officer training, and say that I've never committed a felony, and hopefully they won't find out about the whole ordeal. We'll see what happens in 4 years or so when I do it.
As mentioned previously, I would recommend against any fraudulent dealings with the military. So, what if you got in? You have this hanging over you the entire time.... Will I get caught? I am up for a security check, will they find out? And, inevitably when it is found out, you will be subjected to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and be lucky afterwards if you CAN get a job at McD.

BreakOnThrough said:
Anyways I was wondering if I could still be a naval officer and eventually a pilot?
I am not a recuiter (Wink, Senior Chief, any thoughts?), but you have the deck loaded against you.

Bottom line.... I doubt that we "know" the entire story, nor do we need to at this point. You say that 2 years have transpired, and you are a new person. I personally am all for looking beyond past transgressions, and finding out if the individual has LEARNED anything, and pulled themselves up and past it. You, by all your comments, have not.

We are a Military ogranization that goes into combat, routinely works in hazardous situations that the rest of the civilian society has little apreciation or comprehension of our code of honor or team work.

My 18 year old line rat, working on my plane holds the life of my crew and I on a daily basis through his maintenance actions. If he noticed something amiss, "snitching" is not something that he or she would think twice about, even if it was his best friend that failed to complete the PMS. The safety of lives and the mission are at stake...

So, all of us here, are viewing your comments in that light, holding you to OUR standards, and finding you wanting. Can I trust you in the wardroom? Can your sailors trust you? Will you do the RIGHT thing this time?

This isn't the Entitlement Generation, you don't deserve a seat in the aircraft, it isn't given out.... you have to earn it based off of your ACTIONS, MORAL CHARACTER, and the FACTS....

I think you will hopefully do well in college, learn a thing or two, make a good programmer..... but you aren't going to be a Naval Officer and Leader of Sailors...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Simple man = simple comment.

I'm not going to waste my bodily fluids on this stuff .... everyone, sit down, take a pill, and relax.

This guy is never going to make it, in any event ..... Q.E.D.

thorman

pilot
i had several youthful indiscretions (no felonies) as a juvenile which i was not actually convicted of, but they came up during my security clearance investigation. it was no problem, i just had to tell the truth.

more importantly, an ocs buddy of mine was charged with felony burglary and not convicted and he made it into ocs his 2nd time so it is possible.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
The real question is, now that the Soviets are gone, what evil specter is plotting to rob us of our precious bodily fluids? And, as always gentlemen, there's no fighting in the War Room. :D

Brett

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
Brett327 said:
The real question is, now that the Soviets are gone, what evil specter is plotting to rob us of our precious bodily fluids? And, as always gentlemen, there's no fighting in the War Room. :D

Brett

And whoever answers that question, just keep in mind: if you're wrong, you won't have to answer to me. You're going to have to answer to the Coca-Cola Company.

Status
Not open for further replies.