• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
The problem, at least for me, is mission creep.

It was "15 days to slow the spread"
Then "30 days, flatten the curve!"
Then "Stay home, save lives"
Then "Crush the curve" and "we're not going to loosen up until there's a cure/vaccine. Excuse me what?

This whole thing was pitched as a measure to keep hospitals from overloading. We did that. We knew that cases would rise afterward because there simply is no vaccine. Now, we're fine with practicing distancing and wearing masks, but why are we still keeping everything closed?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea but you can't prove that those other states won't become like NY if the economy opens.
Of course it can't be proven. Little about the pandemic or virus is certain. That is a matter of record. But we do know it is highly unlikely the rest of the country will look like NY/NJ. What has contributed to the out break in NY/NJ is not well replicated anywhere else in the USA.

taxi1

pilot
If all you care about is the virus, sure. But that’s not reality.
In a good pandemic response we’d have had testing back in January when other countries did, and we’d have tested all 20,000 people that flew in from China after the travel “ban”. We’d have known in February that someone died of covid in February, not in April. Etc.

We are reaping what our shitshow of a pandemic prep and response sowed.

My wife needs to visit her mom and wanted to get tested prior to going. Nope, still rationing them. “You can get one if you want one” still isn’t true, months after it was said.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
In a good pandemic response we’d have had testing back in January when other countries did, and we’d have tested all 20,000 people that flew in from China after the travel “ban”. We’d have known in February that someone died of covid in February, not in April. Etc.

My wife needs to visit her mom and wanted to get tested prior to going. Nope, still rationing them. “You can get one if you want one” still isn’t true, months after it was said.
Even if she got tested and it was negative it doesn’t mean she can’t infect her mother. And we’ve heard your hindsight nonsense. It’s tiresome.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

Hot take: testing doesn't matter from a practical perspective. It only provides numbers for the people with pocket protectors to analyze and for cum dumpster cable news anchors to scare you.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I understand how testing data can have SOME value. If someone is positive, they isolate. Fine. But we can't test the majority of the country even within the incubation period. Enough with the we blew testing BS. The country is too big. Testing only gives accurate data for that point in time. Thirty minutes after you give a negative test you can be infected, and probably not have symptoms, if ever, for two weeks. How in hell was that test useful? All negative tests are useless. And 95% of the tests are negative.

Mrs Wink was tested today for the virus. How will that info be used? Tally in the negative column? And if she gets it in a month, do they remove one tally from the negative list?