• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I haven’t seen this before, but would not be surprised if the Republicans win the House, the Senate and the Presidency in 2024 that this happens.

Trump said if the GOP wins Congress it should pass a law to rehire military service members discharged for refusing COVID-19 vaccine​

Looks like there is a substantial possibility that the defense bill will end the COVID vaccine mandate for the military.

Senate passes defense bill that arms U.S. allies, ends vaccine mandate​

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whatever one’s feelings might be on vaccines, we should all agree that Congress swooping in to mandate specific DoD medical readiness policies is not an example of good governance. It’s not effective when Sen Gillibrand does it for Sexual Assault policy, and it won’t be effective in this instance, if passed.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BTW, I walked into the lovely KBay medical clinic immunization office today and said, “hit me with that sweet, sweet bivalent Pfizer elixir.” … and it was good. Still COVID free…from the outset. ?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm just glad that my body seems to have acclimated itself to infusions of Moderna after the second dose kicked my ass. 1, 3, and 4 were like "meh." 2 was "flip a switch 12 hours later into full-blown flu symptoms" into "flip a switch 24 hours after that into being totally fine." Weirdest damn thing I've ever experienced. Being actually sick is a slow climb in and out, but that was BAM . . . sick. BAM . . . not sick.

But no other COVID symptoms to be found going on 3 years . . .

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm just glad that my body seems to have acclimated itself to infusions of Moderna after the second dose kicked my ass. 1, 3, and 4 were like "meh." 2 was "flip a switch 12 hours later into full-blown flu symptoms" into "flip a switch 24 hours after that into being totally fine." Weirdest damn thing I've ever experienced. Being actually sick is a slow climb in and out, but that was BAM . . . sick. BAM . . . not sick.

But no other COVID symptoms to be found going on 3 years . . .
I had a mild reaction to the first one, nothing since.

PMPT

the booster landed me in hospital actually. the second one also hit me hard.

not keen to repeat if im being honest

jmcquate

Contributor
You know everyone who has been out and about has ingested at least a few of those wandering viral particles.

Name the movie..."My respiratory tract is a rocky place where the virus could find no purchase"
"When there were no crawdads, we ate dirt"

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That you know of
That’s kind of an impossible standard to meet. That I’ve never been sick, or tested positive is kinda the whole point of getting vaccinated. Whether an individual virus has passed through my lungs isn’t particularly relevant.

Mirage

pilot
That’s kind of an impossible standard to meet. That I’ve never been sick, or tested positive is kinda the whole point of getting vaccinated. Whether an individual virus has passed through my lungs isn’t particularly relevant.
It's also not particularly relevant that you never got sick or tested positive. This particular vaccine doesn't prevent or even greatly aid that, only from getting seriously ill.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Eh, I only tested positive because my unvaccinated 4-yr-old was clearly sick and tested positive, leading me to test myself. If not for the sick kiddo, I wouldn't have suspected my own infection.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Whatever one’s feelings might be on vaccines, we should all agree that Congress swooping in to mandate specific DoD medical readiness policies is not an example of good governance. It’s not effective when Sen Gillibrand does it for Sexual Assault policy, and it won’t be effective in this instance, if passed.
Might as well have them do away with all mandatory vaccines if they're going to get rid of the COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

Survival of the fittest Darwin baby.....

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's also not particularly relevant that you never got sick or tested positive. This particular vaccine doesn't prevent or even greatly aid that, only from getting seriously ill.
Tough to disprove a negative, but I do appreciate your epidemiological expertise. Thanks!