• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

bcort

So why haven't they settled on Ivermectrim as a go-to therapeutic? Alone or with other treatments?
Some doctors have, some haven't. It's like asking why some are going straight to ventilators when they could/ should be giving oxygen instead. We do, much like the military, have a lack of leadership at the top.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Thank you for agreeing that ivermectin can help with the treatment of Covid.
I didn't, but clearly we're not going to see eye to eye on this.
They should not recommend a drug that does not have sufficient testing [for testing with Covid]. Agreed. You're talking about FDA, WHO, IDSA. I'm talking about real-world usage.
Surely that's the disconnect. In the States, it's a non-starter. Vaccines and monoclonal antibody treatments have been rolled out in force for half a year. They may not work 100%, but no medicine does. Their track record against COVID is certainly much stronger. Perhaps in third-world countries, where these treatments might be prohibitively expensive, might a doctor consider prescribing ivermectin off-label. Otherwise, why settle for something unproven when a treatment that's proven and authorized exists?
You must have easily forgotten the various methods of treatment used in the early days of the pandemic. Doctors tried anything and nearly everything to see if it worked. Did the FDA or WHO approve of those treatments?
I haven't forgotten the start of the pandemic, throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. Most of them were debunked, or at least not studied further, because they weren't promising enough in initial studies.

It is more than a year later. There is better medicine now. There has been for almost a year. Medicine that is actually designed to prevent infection, minimize viral loads, shorten length of symptoms, and even prevent immune escape and creation of variants. Again, why continue to push ivermectin as anything but a Hail Mary, despite a complete absence of proof it actually does anything in humans with regards to COVID?
I'll have to do some more reading on Regeneron and the associated drugs. It looks promising.
It is, and it has been for a while now. Eli Lilly and GSK have their own flavors too.

taxi1

pilot
I don’t know if this has been posted before or not. But here is the only actual mask study done that I can find on the web.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33205991/
That's with data from about 15 months ago.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Zero RCT’s showing effectiveness of masks. There’s a reason the CDC cites only those weak ass studies. But I’m repeating myself and you’re a true believer.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot

Exactly my point! There is no data…. It’s almost like the are conditioning us and don’t want us to find any data or studies? That is the only thing I was able to find.. Why? Why isn’t there a current study? Or is there and they don’t like the results?

You still haven’t told us why Japan‘s numbers suck? Or Hawaii?

Come on you work in Higher Education…. Wouldn’t you encourage your “kids” to educate themselves and learn and read? I’m sure your school has Grant money to study all kinds of garbage…. Why not masks?

taxi1

pilot
Come on you work in Higher Education…. Wouldn’t you encourage your “kids” to educate themselves and learn and read? I’m sure your school has Grant money to study all kinds of garbage…. Why not masks?
Because it is settled science.

Whether or not masks work is a physics problem. The virus is transmitted P2P (piehole to piehole). Anything that interferes with that trip lowers the probability of infection, Period. It can filter out the virus (best) or reduce the flow that the virus is embedded in.

Get a friend to stand nearby, and cough or sneeze in your face. First without a mask, then with. It’s obvious.

Be in a room with a smoker with and without decent ventilation. You’ll see the difference.

Mask mandates? Compliance? That’s a social sciences problem.

I’ve seen the plot of Japan and Hawaii, how they controlled it for months, then it took off. It’s almost like a new, much more contagious variant showed up.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
settled science.
Bruh. You realize this is an oxymoron, right?

The whole point of science is that it’s constantly learning and evolving, challenging previously held notions with new hypotheses. That is literally the definition of scientific research. “Science” used to think the sun was the center of the universe, after “settling” the myth that the sun doesn’t revolve around the earth. Why else do they have Science Officers in Star Trek, if science is so settled today?
c583431177c5b1a1fb7ef74276d06b73.jpg

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Because it is settled science.

Whether or not masks work is a physics problem. The virus is transmitted P2P (piehole to piehole). Anything that interferes with that trip lowers the probability of infection, Period. It can filter out the virus (best) or reduce the flow that the virus is embedded in.

Get a friend to stand nearby, and cough or sneeze in your face. First without a mask, then with. It’s obvious.

Be in a room with a smoker with and without decent ventilation. You’ll see the difference.

Mask mandates? Compliance? That’s a social sciences problem.

I’ve seen the plot of Japan and Hawaii, how they controlled it for months, then it took off. It’s almost like a new, much more contagious variant showed up.
Yet they can’t find real evidence masks work in practice. Because they don’t. Over and over that’s shown through data, but people like you cling to how they “should” work therefore they obviously do, even when they don’t.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
@taxi1

The virus is so small that unless it is a properly fitted N95 it goes right through masks. The masks being worn are useless especially those made from cloth.

Social distancing is useless too. The CDC lowered the distance from 6 feet to 3 feet after a study they commissioning said there was no difference in transmission between 2 feet and 200 feet. CDC study…settled science? Yet many places still have restrictions on capacity in restaurants and bars.

This is nothing but fear mongering by both the media and politicians. And a leftie attempt to gain more control through government regulations many of which not end when the pandemic is declared to be over - which won’t happen as long as the Biden or a Dem is President.

taxi1

pilot
The virus is so small that unless it is a properly fitted N95 it goes right through masks.
Again, get someone to cough, sneeze, or blow at you with and without a mask.

The virus is in a flow. You divert the flow, you divert the virus. You ventilate the occupied space, you clear the virus.

It’s a physics problem, and not a complicated one to understand.

Anything that interferes with piehole to piehole transmission.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Again, get someone to cough, sneeze, or blow at you with and without a mask.

The virus is in a flow. You divert the flow, you divert the virus. You ventilate the occupied space, you clear the virus.

It’s a physics problem, and not a complicated one to understand.

Anything that interferes with piehole to piehole transmission.
And yet, the only actual study done is from 15 months ago and proves you wrong.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I find it a bit ironic that the majority of the cheap, cloth masks sold in places like Target and Walmart come from the country that started this mess. A discussion with any medical professional will tell you properly fitted masks, like the N95 do offer protection. But they’re not designed to be worn for hours and hours on end.