• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
Super confused here. Did the science change?

Before we were just following the science, and now we’re still following the science, but Andrew Cuomo and now Lori Lightfoot are saying to open up restaurants and bars?

Any of the coronabros care to explain what I missed that caused this sudden change of heart? If I were cynical I’d say it has to do with the upcoming “change of command” but I’m not so...

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Super confused here. Did the science change?

Before we were just following the science, and now we’re still following the science, but Andrew Cuomo and now Lori Lightfoot are saying to open up restaurants and bars?
As someone who listens to a lot of NY radio...

Supposedly fewer than 1% of COVID cases came from restaurants and bars when social distancing practices are properly followed [citation needed]. The culprit of increased spread are household gatherings where people are a lot less careful with their close family and friends.

So yea, if that's true it would be consistent with science.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
As someone who listens to a lot of NY radio...

Supposedly fewer than 1% of COVID cases came from restaurants and bars when social distancing practices are properly followed [citation needed]. The culprit of increased spread are household gatherings where people are a lot less careful with their close family and friends.

So yea, if that's true it would be consistent with science.
And that is what SlickAG has been saying all along. Please try to keep up....

The question at hand is why now? What has changed?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
And that is what SlickAG has been saying all along. Please try to keep up....

The question at hand is why now? What has changed?
Increased data collection and and analysis by people who get paid to do these things that reduces the error on that estimate?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I'm being asked to take a mandatory poll at work asking whether or not I plan to get the vaccine and it will not be anonymous. They will use the data to report to the state how many employees plan to get it so the state can plan for the proper number of vaccines. Interesting.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I'm being asked to take a mandatory poll at work asking whether or not I plan to get the vaccine and it will not be anonymous. They will use the data to report to the state how many employees plan to get it so the state can plan for the proper number of vaccines. Interesting.
So just lie :)
Plans can change. Also, you can plan to get it without saying when you plan to.

BT

SlickAg

pilot
So just lie :)
Plans can change. Also, you can plan to get it without saying when you plan to.

BT

So...if the vaccine isn’t going to be the panacea everyone thought it would be, what’s the next goal post shift?

“Not two masks but three until 2023”

“Make sure COVID-27 doesn’t send you to heaven!”

“Fifteen years to flatten the curve!”

Hair Warrior

Contributor
So...if the vaccine isn’t going to be the panacea everyone thought it would be, what’s the next goal post shift?

“Not two masks but three until 2023”

“Make sure COVID-27 doesn’t send you to heaven!”

“Fifteen years to flatten the curve!”
Mandatory contact tracing, smartphone apps, travel restrictions, and curfews. China is already doing this. You can’t go into a corner market or grocery store without showing proof of the app installed on your phone (and QR code scan-in).