• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
I'll stipulate your point. Generally agree.

Explain how you agree with the federal government bailing out businesses and corporations. Seems like a moral hazard for the American taxpayer. Shouldn't they be allowed to go bankrupt, and let the free market take its course. Isn't this what fired up the Tea Party movement?

The free market didn’t make them go out of business. Government overreach made it illegal for them to operate, and in many cases overnight, with the stroke of a pen. Very big difference.

Remember, the virus didn’t shut businesses down. Government did. Only makes sense that government should pay for the economic damage they caused.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
It was probably inevitable that New York City would be hit first and the hardest by the virus. But if it wasn’t, would we care as much? This is a pretty good read. Trigger warning for those who need it: Dennis Prager

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
It was probably inevitable that New York City would be hit first and the hardest by the virus. But if it wasn’t, would we care as much? This is a pretty good read. Trigger warning for those who need it: Dennis Prager

Montana has a separate government from New York. It's government should tailor to that environment. Blaming the media is just a distraction. Montana's government should do what is best for its citizens.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Montana has a separate government from New York. It's government should tailor to that environment. Blaming the media is just a distraction. Montana's government should do what is best for its citizens.
It seems like you missed the point. Did you read the whole article?

Worst case scenarios didn’t overwhelm NYC, and NYC was the worst case scenario.

D

Deleted member 24525

How many people lost their employer sponsored healthcare plan? And now have no healthcare because they losof the pandemic?
A higher minimum wage also means less people that a company can afford to hire. Less workers=less people buying crap. Let companies compete with each other over talent. Wages/benefits will work themselves out.

No it just means the CEO of Jack in the Box makes 20 mil a year instead of 23

JTS11

pilot
Contributor

OK, you've triggered me with Prager.

He's another RW moral pundit/grifter of a certain age, who chaffed and flared his way out of military service, when his nation called.

He gave a talk in Nashville when he was 24...lol

Treetop Flyer

pilot
OK, you've triggered me with Prager.

He's another RW moral pundit/grifter of a certain age, who chaffed and flared his way out of military service, when his nation called.

He gave a talk in Nashville when he was 24...lol
I warned you. Any comment on what he said?

I also posted Bill Maher a couple days ago.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
How many people lost their employer sponsored healthcare plan? And now have no healthcare because they losof the pandemic?

That 3 million doesn't mean as much as you think? I don't know Jack in the Box that well, but just looked up that they have 5,000 employees... That literally adds up to $600 per year per employee. How much per hour is that per year?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Similar to me, I worked in retail from 14-18, I was assistant manager during the week and manager during the weekends, they said if I stayed on I could be a manager of one of the new stores they were going to open, however looking at the other managers who were 35-40, living in apartments, didn't really seem like the direction I wanted to go.

Instead I took the work ethic I had and joined the USN, where I then learned about cleaning bilges lol

Back in the early 80s, Jack in the Box workers made minimum wage and shift managers about 25% more. They were all corporate owned, no franchises At an assistant manager you became a corporate vice store employee. You started off at $30k/year and were up to about $40k by the time you made manager. The district manager (next step) were above $60k. Huge money back then. I made more as an assistant manager than I did as an Ensign a few years later.

Probably changed with the franchise model of business as most are no longer corporate. But 11 years ago before they got divorced my cousin’s ex-husband was a Kentucky Fried Chicken store manager in Vegas and they were middle class without her working.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I warned you. Any comment on what he said?

I also posted Bill Maher a couple days ago.

It's really just a dumb trope he's using to fire up the rubes that believe that coastal elites are responsible for their hardships. Despite populist appeals from both the left and right, automation is what is killing their jerbs.

I guess the Trump admin is now playing both sides of the issue by tweeting LIBERATE 'certain blue states' days ago...but now throwing Georgia's Gov under the bus bc he wanted to open up tattoo parlors and jerk joints before GA met the fed admin's guidance on opening up?

D

Deleted member 24525

That 3 million doesn't mean as much as you think? I don't know Jack in the Box that well, but just looked up that they have 5,000 employees... That literally adds up to $600 per year per employee. How much per hour is that per year?

My point was not about the numbers.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TL;DR: If you’re active or reserve military, the DoD plans to test you for coronavirus, and maybe also test for antibodies.
DoD is also telling me to telework into the forseeable future, so square that circle . . .