• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

taxi1

pilot
Hahaha. Good for him. No clue on his coaching future but lots of people are looking to flee the insanity of your fellow covidians
His daughter has sickle cell anemia and is immune-compromised. Our K-12 was open until the Fall surge.

GroundPounder

I guess they’re predicting they’ll be sick in three weeks. Aren’t they wearing masks? Aren’t they vaccinated? I guess Thanksgiving is what THE SCIENCE says will make things too scary. Not now though. And not two weeks after.

Are they closing because folks are sick, or are the people staying home due to being exposed. We had a spate of one or two day closure here at the beginning of the year due to being " exposed ". Exposed can mean anything from being locked in Pinto on a 19 hour cross country road trip to waving at your neighbor who was later found to have sat next to a person with Covid two weeks ago....

When this first started, we were giving our guys " free " off time to quarantine when they had been exposed, and we had many takers of that free 10 days off, many who hit us more than once. Once we went back to having them use sick time, we dropped back in line with or historic sick use usage.
Covid is a real thing, that can be deadly to certain folks, but it is high time that we deal with it logically and not out of fear.

taxi1

pilot
Are they closing because folks are sick, or are the people staying home due to being exposed.
The article I linked to that he commented on was from November 2020, i.e., a year ago, during the big winter surge. Back then it was a mix of sick and quarantine. We went remote from Thanksgiving to Christmas, back in person in the New Year.