• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Number of fatalities is hardly evidence of gain of function research. I suspect @Hair Warrior was being as facetious as you.

I suspect not.

Just wondering, only for clarity since we have no proof, are you still of the natural occurring camp or do you accept the probability of a lab creation?

As I've said here before...from talking to the folks who research this stuff for a living, the markers to indicate that it was man-made were/are not there.

SlickAg

pilot
In other news, who could have seen this coming after fear mongering people into forced isolation the last two years:

I feel like we’ve covered this one already. This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Period dot full-stop. If these people were vaccinated they wouldn’t be needing to go to the ER. This is how science works.

Mirage

pilot

We'll see when push comes to shove if they hold out, but losing 12,000 (or 3%) at once is probably a bigger hit to readiness than a few dozen being home sick for 2 weeks.

"The Air Force declined to say how many airmen appear to be outright refusing vaccination versus how many are seeking exemptions or have opted out because they are nearing their scheduled exit from the military. The Air Force will release some of those details after next week’s deadline passes, said Ann Stefanek, a spokesperson for the service."

"Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby said this week that, generally, the number of religious exemptions for any vaccine is “very, very small.” The Army, which is the largest military service, has granted just one permanent medical exemption and no religious exemptions for the coronavirus vaccine, officials said. The Navy hasn’t granted any religious exemptions for any vaccine — for the coronavirus or otherwise — in the past seven years."
Fake news. Brett assured me thousands turning down the vax was impossible because in the NAE there was only a small number.

By the way, this doesn't even count the reserves, which still has a less than 50% vax rate for Army and Marines. Insane to argue this whole nonsense is less of an impact on readiness than letting a small percent of AD go unvaccinated.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Fake news. Brett assured me thousands turning down the vax was impossible because in the NAE there was only a small number.

By the way, this doesn't even count the reserves, which still has a less than 50% vax rate for Army and Marines. Insane to argue this whole nonsense is less of an impact on readiness than letting a small percent of AD go unvaccinated.
I’ve also been assured that adsep’ing troops for refusing the vaccine is not relevant to readiness.

Mirage

pilot

You hate to see it. Yesterday’s essential front line heroes, today’s enemy.
Well actually the fire department is increasing their readiness with the vax mandate, same as the military. If it doesn't make sense then just trust our benevolent rulers are taking care of you.

SlickAg

pilot
It’s okay to move on now, coronabros. Bill Maher said so.

“"Just resume living," Maher told his audience. "I know some people seem to not want to give up on the wonderful pandemic, but you know what? It's over. There's always going to be a variant. You shouldn't have to wear masks. I should be to … I haven't had a meeting with my staff since March of 2020. Why?"”

Hair Warrior

Contributor
This guy sounds like an ultra right wing extremist. We should add him to a list of extremist thinking that we’re separately keeping track of.

Maher continued: "Also, vaccine, mask, pick one. You've got to pick. You can't make me mask if I've had the vaccine."​

This is dangerous logic that must be canceled and censored immediately. We can’t have people like him espousing these views in public, or the public might start to think freely themselves.

SlickAg

pilot
The "vaccine" is not now, nor has it ever been, a TRUE vaccine in the strictest definition of the word. Unless, of course, you're keeping up with the CDC changes in vaccine definition over the last 18 months or so . . . .
I dunno. Webster's defines a vaccine as "a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease." Checked a couple other definitions and they are almost the same. I understand the process is different than most, not all, vaccines to date, but I don't see how one can say the COVID vaccines do not meet the "strictest definition" of the word.
Here's a little update. Someone did a FOIA request, and, lo and behold, turns out the CDC knew exactly what it was doing when it updated the definition of "vaccine" on its website.

"Of course, the usual suspects defended the CDC. The Washington Post, for example, cast doubt that the CDC changed the definition because of issues with the COVID-19 vaccines. The CDC tried to downplay the change, stating “slight changes in wording over time … haven’t impacted the overall definition.”...

CDC emails we obtained via the Freedom of Information Act reveal CDC worries with how the performance of the COVID-19 vaccines didn’t match the CDC’s own definition of “vaccine”/“vaccination”. The CDC’s Ministry of Truth went hard at work in the face of legitimate public questions on this issue.

In one August 2021 e-mail, a CDC employee cited to complaints that “Right-wing covid-19 deniers are using your ‘vaccine’ definition to argue that mRNA vaccines are not vaccines…”"