• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There’s quite the difference in our relative positions. I would just be some rando reservist so far removed from being haze grey and underway that any thought or opinion I have about anything is beyond irrelevant. (You helped me realize that, remember?) I haven’t been to War College, don’t have JPME, and I’m not the right rank, so anything I say to them would be dismissed. Now, have I made my feelings known to my immediate chain of command? Absolutely. Have there been changes made to policy because of it? I’m happy to say yes.
Congrats. You did something. And here I thought you were all talk (& tweets) and no action. I’m certain your fellow reservists have lauded your brave actions. Yep

What I described in my earlier post would be an entirely conversation because it’s an entirely different situation. Two highly educated and learned individuals engaged in conducting research for the greater good at major universities with some of the best resources and support networks known to man. I would’ve thought that someone in that situation would feel a moral compulsion to reach out to his peer and explain where he’s wrong, and lead him back from having gone astray.

The difference is one of who’s on equal footing. I’m not on equal footing with the CNO and SECNAV. Two tenured professors at state universities are peers and should be happy to learn from each other. I’m sure the CNO would be willing to listen to the Commandant’s opinion, for example, a little bit more than some random, irrelevant reservist whose finger is nowhere near the pulse.
Nice try, but I doubt Taxi will be your puppet or your monkey. You know…dance monkey…heres a little life lesson:

SlickAg

pilot
Congrats. You did something. And here I thought you were all talk (& tweets) and no action. I’m certain your fellow reservists have lauded your brave actions. Yep

Nice try, but I doubt Taxi will be your puppet or your monkey. You know…dance monkey…heres a little life lesson:
View attachment 32680
Oh so this whole time I was just YOUR dance monkey...? Every hero needs a villain, right? I’m also sure your fellow mods and super mods have granted you deity status for your brave actions deleting memes and tweets without context. The irony of your posting that image must be beyond you, since your job here is to literally censor other people’s words, actions, thoughts, feelings, etc.

I’m curious too, since you seem to know so much about me, what do I tweet about?

Last edited:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh so this whole time I was just YOUR dance monkey...? Every hero needs a villain, right? I’m also sure your fellow super mods have granted you deity status for your brave actions deleting memes and tweets without context.

It IS telling, however, that you have to fight his battles for him. I’m curious too, since you seem to know so much about me, what do I tweet about?
It seems you are jealous of the moderators here enforcing the rules. Do you have the same feelings towards the police? It appears your ass is still chapped over me deleting something without your opinion (re-tweet? Am I using that right?) Like Elsa said: “Let it go!”

I’m not fighting taxi’s fight…he can handle his own. If you re-read what I said: [-1 for reading comprehension btw]
View attachment 32680

SlickAg

pilot
It seems you are jealous of the moderators here enforcing the rules. Do you have the same feelings towards the police? It appears your ass is still chapped over me deleting something without your opinion (re-tweet? Am I using that right?) Like Elsa said: “Let it go!”

I’m not fighting taxi’s fight…he can handle his own. If you re-read what I said: [-1 for reading comprehension btw]
"Jealous" is the wrong word. I'd say "amused bemusement" would be a better term. I forgot who, maybe Gator, even admitted that there is no clear standard on the consistency of enforcement. But you do you, man. Thank you for your moderating service. I have the same feelings towards the police who pull someone over for going two miles over the speed limit. I mean, they can do it if they want, and sure, they're enforcing the law. But all they're really doing is making themselves feel powerful about something that really doesn't matter. Especially when there's real crimes being committed somewhere.

And no you're not using that term right, a retweet would be my actually tweeting it on my own twitter account. Congratulations, you're like the Progressive commercials with Dr. Rick. "Did I just hashtag?"

I actually edited my comment about fighting his fight for him but don't kid yourself, he needs all the help he can get from y'all.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that you guys got that out of your system, can you both please go back to the COVID topic?
You’re right….speaking of COVID, what is going on in Texas….seems to now be beating California in the COVID race.
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/coron...a-for-highest-number-of-covid-19-cases-in-us/

https://www.avpress.com/opinion/new...cle_7964a396-104e-11ec-8d6b-9b171795b894.html
”Those numbers translate to human lives. California has had 1,637 Covid deaths for every 100,000 residents, Texas 1,881 and Florida 1,890.”

SlickAg

pilot
You’re right….speaking of COVID, what is going on in Texas….seems to now be beating California in the COVID race.
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/coron...a-for-highest-number-of-covid-19-cases-in-us/

https://www.avpress.com/opinion/new...cle_7964a396-104e-11ec-8d6b-9b171795b894.html
”Those numbers translate to human lives. California has had 1,637 Covid deaths for every 100,000 residents, Texas 1,881 and Florida 1,890.”
So a state that has fewer deaths per capita than two other states in 2018 has fewer deaths per capita than than two other states in 2020 and 2021 caused by a respiratory virus that is known to impact older and less healthy populations, especially those with metabolic conditions? Are you surprised by this?

Yeah, imagine how bad the numbers will be once the 11,000-plus people under the bridge get released on their own recognizance. Need a vaccine to have a job, but no tests or vaccines for the thousands of migrants illegally coming into the country each day.

And maybe that’s why Florida asked for more monoclonal antibody treatments, until the President limited their supply.

California is doing well because they follow the science, clearly. Top down.

How are the numbers where you live?

P.S. I like how that article gives Governor Abbott a hard time for being recently COVID positive. Still shaming people for getting it. Avpress’ credibility certainly went up a few notches in my book.

Last edited:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So a state that has fewer deaths per capita than two other states in 2018 has fewer deaths per capita than than two other states in 2020 and 2021 caused by a respiratory virus that is known to impact older and less healthy populations, especially those with metabolic conditions? Are you surprised by this?

Yeah, imagine how bad the numbers will be once the 11,000-plus people under the bridge get released on their own recognizance. Need a vaccine to have a job, but no tests or vaccines for the thousands of migrants illegally coming into the country each day.

And maybe that’s why Florida asked for more monoclonal antibody treatments, until the President limited their supply.

California is doing well because they follow the science, clearly. Top down.

How are the numbers where you live?

P.S. I like how that article gives Governor Abbott a hard time for being recently COVID positive. Still shaming people for getting it. Avpress’ credibility certainly went up a few notches in my book.
I must have missed where your links pointed out your thesis about healthy lifestyle v. ageism. Please elaborate.

Are you implying each state‘s COVID death rate has nothing to do with the elected leadership response? That has to be part of the equation right?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
You guys should start using age-adjusted rates for COVID hospitalizations, deaths, etc.

Florida has a lot of deaths seemingly bc Florida’s population, on average, is old AF. But when you take age into account, the picture changes.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You guys should start using age-adjusted rates for COVID hospitalizations, deaths, etc.

Florida has a lot of deaths seemingly bc Florida’s population, on average, is old AF. But when you take age into account, the picture changes.
it appears there is no 2021 data….here’s the 2020 age adjusted chart…it appears Texas is winning?

SlickAg

pilot
I must have missed where your links pointed out your thesis about healthy lifestyle v. ageism. Please elaborate.

Are you implying each state‘s COVID death rate has nothing to do with the elected leadership response? That has to be part of the equation right?
Let me get this straight. You want me to post links showing that covid kills older people and unhealthy people? My point was that places with more vulnerable populations to covid would obviously have more deaths than states without. States that had more people die in a “normal” year would seem to have populations more susceptible to death in any given year, much less one with a pandemic. Does that not make sense to you?

As to your second point: no, I don’t think the elected leadership response does anything. Examples below.

Last edited:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me get this straight. You want me to post links showing that covid kills older people and unhealthy people? My point was that places with more vulnerable populations to covid would obviously have more deaths than states without. States that had more people die in a “normal” year would seem to have populations more susceptible to death in any given year, much less one with a pandemic. Does that not make sense to you?
If you’re going to point to a data source as proof, you have got to do better homework. Thanks for spelling out your point. I agree that normal deaths are impacted by the pandemic in both a positive and negative vector. With less contact with other people, ”normal” death rates have dropped. So, the normal death rate in any state will be abnormal and somewhat skewed.

As to your second point: no, I don’t think the elected leadership response does anything. Examples below.
They have a direct impact to the deaths associated with COVID. Counterpoint: NY GOV Cuomo’s nursing home scandal

SlickAg

pilot
If you’re going to point to a data source as proof, you have got to do better homework. Thanks for spelling out your point. I agree that normal deaths are impacted by the pandemic in both a positive and negative vector. With less contact with other people, ”normal” death rates have dropped. So, the normal death rate in any state will be abnormal and somewhat skewed.

They have a direct impact to the deaths associated with COVID. Counterpoint: NY GOV Cuomo’s nursing home scandal
You’re right. For the most part, elected official response can only impact things in a negative way.
That was a well-known disaster. The only issue was that it took forever to actually have some consequences. And honestly, it did him no political harm. He resigned because he’s a creepy pervert, not because he killed thousands of old people.

Elected leaders also make decisions about mask mandates. If they’re so effective, why do death rates and case rates still go up and down with them in place? Why do three states with different policies follow the same curve?

We will be seeing the long-term fallout of these disastrous decisions and policies for decades, if not centuries. Economic, sociological, political, it’s permeated almost every aspect of our society. Even a website that started off as a blog to imitate Dave Werner’s.