• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

taxi1

pilot
31 patients in ICU
23 Covid positive

Somebody is being misleading! Did you even read it or just look at the pretty colors..
Ahhh, they are all Covid patients. The ones that aren’t Covid positive have cleared the virus but are so fubar’d they are still there. Permanent lung damage, blood clots, dialysis, etc.

Yes they are probably fat and have co-morbidities, yes it is stupid they are unvaccinated, but we still have to wait for them to go through the system. And plenty are healthy folks who got unlucky and are now enjoying a stay.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Ahhh, they are all Covid patients. The ones that aren’t Covid positive have cleared the virus but are so fubar’d they are still there. Permanent lung damage, blood clots, dialysis, etc.

Yes they are probably fat and have co-morbidities, yes it is stupid they are unvaccinated, but we still have to wait for them to go through the system. And plenty are healthy folks who got unlucky and are now enjoying a stay.
The chart you provided says none of those things! Misinformation!

Treetop Flyer

pilot
We were already there until Delta + unvaccinated = summer shitstorm.

When we get rid of the purple people on this chart, when the ICUs are no longer overflowing and medical personnel aren't at their limit, with the virus percolating along endemically like the flu, we'll be fine. Five in the hospital, one old, likely immune compromised person in the ICU and ventilated, no one sitting in the ER waiting for a bed.

View attachment 32395
Agreed but a lot of people seem to think covid will end and that it’s a reasonable goal

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
?

Further googling reveals...

As described in the Interim Guidance on Ending Isolation and Precautions for Adults with COVID-19, an estimated 95% of severely or critically ill patients, including some with severe immunocompromise, no longer had replication-competent virus 15 days after onset of symptoms;

So those poor saps that are no longer positive have probably been there a while.
Again, your pretty colored picture says none of those things. It includes people that are not Covid positive. That is misleading!

taxi1

pilot
Again, your pretty colored picture says none of those things. It includes people that are not Covid positive. That is misleading!
Here is today’s numbers...if you are right in your interpretation, then there are 24 Covid positive patients in the ICU, 15 of which have tubes down their throat. All of the intubated ones are unvaccinated.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Here is today’s numbers...if you are right in your interpretation, then there are 24 Covid positive patients in the ICU, 15 of which have tubes down their throat. All of the intubated ones are unvaccinated.

View attachment 32402

And again your pretty pictures don’t make sense? So yesterday they had 31 in ICU but today only 29 yet they have 5 waiting for beds. Sorry but I don’t have a lot of faith in your pretty pictures. Somebody is making these pictures hoping that nobody actually reads them! How does that saying go? Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Mos

None
You two dipshits have been going in fucking circles for no reason but a lack of reasonable discourse. Bottom line: context matters. Let's recap.

We were already there until Delta + unvaccinated = summer shitstorm.
When we get rid of the purple people on this chart, when the ICUs are no longer overflowing and medical personnel aren't at their limit, with the virus percolating along endemically like the flu, we'll be fine. Five in the hospital, one old, likely immune compromised person in the ICU and ventilated, no one sitting in the ER waiting for a bed.

So first off, why not provide a link to the page that contained this graphic? We all know Frank is shockingly bad at math and statistical interpretation no matter how much data is provided, but why provide an excuse?

Why include those non covid in your chart except to make it more scary.. Talk about misinformation. I stand by my point; It’s too political at this point!

It's not taxi's chart and if taxi had bothered to provide an original source with some context, you might understand it better. For instance, I found this same chart in a news article, and it made perfect sense to me in light of the following statement from the hospital's CEO:

“Hunt Regional Medical Center continues to be at 100% occupancy with 43% of patients being COVID-positive,” Carter said. “Today we are holding steady with 61 total COVID positive patients at Hunt Regional Medical Center. Fifty-six of these patients are unvaccinated. Today there are 31 patients in the ICU – with two of these in the Cath Lab ICU overflow area. Twenty-three of these patients are COVID positive. Of the 23 COVID-positive ICU patients, 17 are on ventilators. One of the vented patients is vaccinated. There are three patients being held in the Greenville ER waiting on ICU beds.”

The chart correlates with what the CEO stated. It conveys the number of patients in the ICU and clarifies that 23 of them are COVID-positive. The point is to convey that the ICU is at capacity, and the proportion of ICU patients unvaccinated. Could this reporting and the chart been a bit more clear and comprehensive? Maybe. But none of this is misinformation.

Everyone in the chart has Covid. The purple are just unvaccinated.

Correction: not everyone in the chart has COVID. This can be easily understood by the the statement below the ICU portion that says 23 of the 31 are COVID positive.

I'm gonna guess you spouted that out without really reading Frank's objection, the chart, or the story. Or alternatively, you have a source of information that states otherwise; if so, I would ask that you share it.

31 patients in ICU
23 Covid positive
Somebody is being misleading! Did you even read it or just look at the pretty colors..
And how about some demographics? Co-morbidities?

Valid questions, in my opinion, though I don't think the original information is misleading, but rather taxi failed to interpret and/or convey it. There doesn't appear to be any data to answer to your latter two questions.

How did you discover that the non-positives reported by Hunt Regional on August 31st had cleared the virus? Is there a link to this information or did you talk to staff at Hunt Regional? If this is just assumption or misstatement, then own up to it, because you're currently stating that first part as if it's fact.

The chart you provided says none of those things! Misinformation!

Indeed. There's nothing in the original story that states this either, but just so we're clear, the misinformation arises from taxi's failure to interpret and/or convey the information.

?
Further googling reveals...
As described in the Interim Guidance on Ending Isolation and Precautions for Adults with COVID-19, an estimated 95% of severely or critically ill patients, including some with severe immunocompromise, no longer had replication-competent virus 15 days after onset of symptoms;
So those poor saps that are no longer positive have probably been there a while.

I'm assuming you got this quote from here? If so, help me understand the relevance. That is, how does this CDC statement published on June 2, 2021 explain the non-positives reported by Hunt Regional on August 31, 2021? Don't people go to the ICU for reasons other than COVID?

Again, I don't disagree that the story in the HB is conveying that the ICU is full, and that COVID is a major correlating factor, but you seem to be stating unfounded assumptions and I don't see how that helps your point. I think the better and honest answer would've been "I don't know what those poor saps are there for, dipshit, it doesn't say."

Agree that the chart doesn't say why people are non-positive but, again, it does clearly state and the CEO clearly stated that 23 of the 31 in the ICU on the 31st were COVID positive. There is nothing misleading about that, taxi has just added information on top of the original report that doesn't seem to be there. You know, this information wasn't that hard to find, and you could've asked taxi to provide a link to it. Something to consider for future conversations.

And again your pretty pictures don’t make sense? So yesterday they had 31 in ICU but today only 29 yet they have 5 waiting for beds. Sorry but I don’t have a lot of faith in your pretty pictures. Somebody is making these pictures hoping that nobody actually reads them! How does that saying go?

Ok, so again, if taxi had provided the context, you might understand what's going on here. I'll again quote the hospital CEO's statement from the 31st:

"Today there are 31 patients in the ICU – with two of these in the Cath Lab ICU overflow area."

From that, I think it's clear that the main ICU's capacity is 29 and they happened to be using this cath lab to bring their ICU numbers up to 31 on the 31st. Why they aren't doing that for this latest report? I honestly don't know. Maybe they're cleaning the cath lab? Maybe they need to use it for it's intended purpose? Without specific information, it's anyone's guess.

taxi1

pilot
That was like a grad class in Film Theory & Criticism doing a full semester on Porky’s II: The Next Day.

On the virus clearing, yeah, I trusted the hospital graphic and assumed all the purple people were in fact Covid patients of some sort, and worked back to why they reasonably weren’t all testing positive. I learned something new. But...

It could also have been some underpaid graphics person seeing the text and saying, “Hmmm...OK, these words and then 31 purple clip art dudes.” Upon further review that’s likely it.

Or Frank may have uncovered a deep conspiracy.

SlickAg

pilot
First off, local. Sure, if asked I would not support the idea, but it is local. We are a republic and I think if a very few cities try this it is not a threat to our national civil liberties. In fact, in the spirit of the distributed experiments in democracy the Founders envisioned, if there is enough push back and less than concrete positive results, it will not spread. I think we both expect that. It is already happening. Even in NYC their program has been called out for being racist. That is a powerful consideration for the left wing elites who are promoting these things.

In addition, these are not true passports. In all but one example I can find, you just present proof of vaccination. No government data base. Also, these restrictions are almost entirely for leisure activities. Refuse to participate in the Excelsior Pass and you can still leave your home, exercise, buy food at a grocery store., and pretty much live a normal life.
France is a republic too...

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Finally, many of us here question the true extent of the public health risk. But there is no doubt this IS a public health issue. The courts have ruled more than once that the government has an interest in temporary restrictions to liberties associated with the public health.
But they stopped short of defining 'temporary' or a reasonable, measurable end state, and that's a problem. Note that the courts don't have to make this definition up out of thin air, but they could've demanded it before considering the 'it's temporary' argument to be valid.