• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot
He probably doesn't understand that they only increased mask wearing by 29%, and it was still less than a majority wearing them, yet they saw the decrease. And the decrease wasn't just among the new people wearing masks.
I’ll wait for the peer review obviously but it’s pretty dumb they combined something we know works (distancing) with the thing they were trying to test (masking).

Also it’s just one study. I do like how you jumped all over it as though the other RCT’s that found no benefit in masking are instantly invalidated by this one that sort of told you what you wanted to hear.

taxi1

pilot
I do like how you jumped all over it as though the other RCT’s...
You brought up the absence of RCT's done with Covid upthread. Here's the RCT with Covid. Not the flu...Covid.

So now you'll have to move your moving target again.
I’m going to go with the Professor at Harvard Medical School on this one.
On this one I'm going with the authors who actually did the research, from Yale, Stanford, UC Berkley, John Hopkins, and other assorted institutes.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You brought up the absence of RCT's done with Covid upthread. Here's the RCT with Covid. Not the flu...Covid.

So now you'll have to move your moving target again.

On this one I'm going with the authors who actually did the research, from Yale, Stanford, UC Berkley, John Hopkins, and other assorted institutes.
Like I said, this one invalidates all the others. In preprint. While mixing something known like distancing with masking. Because you like the tenuous results.

SlickAg

pilot
These are the same experts who’ve repeatedly told us again and again that it’s just two weeks to flatten the curve?

I’m going to go with the guy who’s been saying things like this, because he’s correct. You ought to follow him.

P.S. I look forward to seeing your debate with him on Twitter. Expert versus expert. Be sure and post the links!

taxi1

pilot
These are the same experts who’ve repeatedly told us again and again that it’s just two weeks to flatten the curve?
The only curve to flatten is with the unvaccinated. We're just waiting for you guys to stop clogging up the hospitals.

SlickAg

pilot
The only curve to flatten is with the unvaccinated. We're just waiting for you guys to stop clogging up the hospitals.
What do you mean by “you guys”?

If you’re so sure of your argument aren’t you duty bound as a fellow academic to engage with him in intellectual debate about why he’s wrong? Seriously, go for it. I can’t wait to see you call him out. Make us good wingers proud!

SlickAg

pilot
Anti-vaxxers and free riders.
What’s are your definitions of both, again?

BTW, bummed you’re not using your expertise to challenge him. I was really looking forward to it.

P.S. I do find it odd that you are so hell bent on dividing Americans (and perhaps the rest of the world?) into two groups: “us” and “you guys”. Very nuanced of you.

Last edited:

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Just saw this in The Atlantic. To JackJack, is the state of South Australia really doing this or is the author mistaken?

People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Just saw this in The Atlantic. To JackJack, is the state of South Australia really doing this or is the author mistaken?

People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained.

If it saves one life it's worth it to live in a police state surrealistic Orwellian nightmare!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If it saves one life it's worth it to live in a police state surrealistic Orwellian nightmare!
wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children-think-of-the-children.gif

jackjack

I hadn't heard of this before. I think it is a proposal. This is for those that are in 14 day home quarantine. Rather than police to go knock on their door, to see if they are there. There is going to be an app. It obviously doesn't apply to everyone.

We share a border with Sydney, that is having an uncontrolled wave. We are at risk of spill over. SA is community covid free and life is pretty normal at the moment. Except for a mask in supermarkets and such. There are crowds at football games and restaurants and bars are open. Nothing is closed that I know of.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I hadn't heard of this before. I think it is a proposal. This is for those that are in 14 day home quarantine. Rather than police to go knock on their door, to see if they are there. There is going to be an app. It obviously doesn't apply to everyone.

We share a border with Sydney, that is having an uncontrolled wave. We are at risk of spill over. SA is community covid free and life is pretty normal at the moment. Except for a mask in supermarkets and such. There are crowds at football games and restaurants and bars are open. Nothing is closed that I know of.
There is no covid but you’re wearing masks just in case? How…. thoughtful.

As for the dystopian nightmare power grab, maybe they should send all the people exposed to scaryvirus to some kind of camp. You could include everyone who doesn’t comply with the public health measures enacted for their safety. Once the undesirables are all concentrated in these camps, everyone else will be free to brag about going to sports ball games and the grocery store. With a mask of course.