• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot

CDC says vaccinated people need not quarantine after being exposed as long as they remain asymptomatic. You’re up, Navy

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

CDC says vaccinated people need not quarantine after being exposed as long as they remain asymptomatic. You’re up, Navy

Pushing this kind of news needs to be the PA attack. The "you still gotta wear masks, distance, and hide in your house under the covers" nonsense isn't encouraging anyone to get shots in arms...why bother with adding risk (EUA vaccine with no long term studies) when there isn't much personal reward? Most people don't think about whether it benefits society to get a shot; they think in terms of personal benefit. For the majority for whom Covid is a giant nothingburger, why bother if it doesn't make their life any easier?

The clunky rollout by the state governments is absurd, too. After the highest risk individuals get their doses, it should be a free for all if you really wanna get shots in arms. My state has five groups in group 1 with confusing criteria on when they move from one group to the next. It's like they gave this rollout to the people who design airline boarding processes....and not the good ones.

Hair Warrior

Contributor

Maybe that will eventually extend to not having to wear a mask.

Mos

None
Pushing this kind of news needs to be the PA attack. The "you still gotta wear masks, distance, and hide in your house under the covers" nonsense isn't encouraging anyone to get shots in arms...why bother with adding risk (EUA vaccine with no long term studies) when there isn't much personal reward? Most people don't think about whether it benefits society to get a shot; they think in terms of personal benefit. For the majority for whom Covid is a giant nothingburger, why bother if it doesn't make their life any easier?
Will be interesting to see if this bit of news will turn around the low junior enlisted response to the vaccine rollout. That's assuming big Navy is keeping up and will actually adjust policy to match CDC recommendations any time soon.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Will be interesting to see if this bit of news will turn around the low junior enlisted response to the vaccine rollout. That's assuming big Navy is keeping up and will actually adjust policy to match CDC recommendations any time soon.

We did a survey in our unit, not surprised 99% of those surveyed said they would take it only if ordered to.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None

The clunky rollout by the state governments is absurd, too. After the highest risk individuals get their doses, it should be a free for all if you really wanna get shots in arms. My state has five groups in group 1 with confusing criteria on when they move from one group to the next. It's like they gave this rollout to the people who design airline boarding processes....and not the good ones.
I'm sure there is science in there somewhere. Let's see which side of the political spectrum adopts this for 'their' side.

We just had our second round of vaccine here in the FL Guard. It seems we have just enough volunteers to use the doses provided. Most leaders 'volunteered' to get it. I did. had a decent headache 12 hours after the second shot. 24 hours after the shot I had a few hours worth of sweats and minor chills. 48 hours later just a little tenderness in my shoulder where I got the shot.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

Don’t worry, the CDC will probably change their mind next week.

GroundPounder

I'm sure there is science in there somewhere. Let's see which side of the political spectrum adopts this for 'their' side.

We just had our second round of vaccine here in the FL Guard. It seems we have just enough volunteers to use the doses provided. Most leaders 'volunteered' to get it. I did. had a decent headache 12 hours after the second shot. 24 hours after the shot I had a few hours worth of sweats and minor chills. 48 hours later just a little tenderness in my shoulder where I got the shot.

I got my 2nd dose last Friday, and I felt as bad as I have felt in a long time for 24 hours starting on Friday night. Sunday I felt tired but the fever and body pains were gone. Most of the people in my organization that are getting it are in the voluntold category. I probably would not have gotten it, but due to having heart surgery in August, I did it just as much to stop having to hear my wife talk about it.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
For us, the quotes around the 'volunteered' simply meant that once the boss did it, many other officer felt more dutiful and followed suit. It might have even worked a little in reverse, when some leaders saw their JO's, warrants and senior NCOs volunteering, they felt obligated to do so as well.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
For us, the quotes around the 'volunteered' simply meant that once the boss did it, many other officer felt more dutiful and followed suit. It might have even worked a little in reverse, when some leaders saw their JO's, warrants and senior NCOs volunteering, they felt obligated to do so as well.
Sounds more like social proof to me. Especially in the absence of the skipper stating “I expect my wardroom to...”

GroundPounder

Can you explain this ?

I work for an elected official who would like for as many of his staff as possible to get the vaccine. As a person in leadership, we were expected to set an example, which I did. Had I not gotten one, the world would have not come to an end, but between work, my wife, and my recent heart surgery it was just easier to do than not.

In some ways, I felt guilty about getting the vaccine because I really didn't care either way about getting it, and there are people out there that are paralyzed with fear that would do anything to have access.