• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seattle wouldn't be visible as for the most part Seattle itself hasn't really had any deaths, most were outside of Seattle, just the County that covers Seattle has only had like 500 deaths, most of those were in cities a 20 minute drive from Seattle, while just NYC had over 15000 deaths.

In Washington over 50% of the deaths were those 80 years or older while accounting for only 9% of cases.
Yeah, the nursing home that was in the headlines was in Kirkland, which is a (very tony) suburb of (equally tony) Bellevue, which is on the other side of Lake Washington from Seattle city proper. Seattle and environs are more spread-out than NYC. Many more commuters from bedroom communities into Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond. You don't need to take the subway everywhere, because there is no subway anyway. There are buses and some light rail, which folks bailed from as soon as the stay-at-home order started. And there are also a disproportional amount of tech workers, like yours truly, who got the heads-up early to bring the company laptop home just in case. So when the lockdown started, we just rolled out of bed and logged in. Great commute and dress code. I think I've been to the office twice since this whole thing started. Once when they said we could bring our monitors and laptop docks home, and once to swap out a glitching laptop.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Not so Fun fact: 1.5 million people worldwide died from tuberculosis in 2018. It's consistently been the most deadly infectious disease in recent times.

We keep comparing COVID-19 to flu statistics but ignore other infections.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah, the nursing home that was in the headlines was in Kirkland, which is a (very tony) suburb of (equally tony) Bellevue, which is on the other side of Lake Washington from Seattle city proper. Seattle and environs are more spread-out than NYC. Many more commuters from bedroom communities into Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond. You don't need to take the subway everywhere, because there is no subway anyway. There are buses and some light rail, which folks bailed from as soon as the stay-at-home order started. And there are also a disproportional amount of tech workers, like yours truly, who got the heads-up early to bring the company laptop home just in case. So when the lockdown started, we just rolled out of bed and logged in. Great commute and dress code. I think I've been to the office twice since this whole thing started. Once when they said we could bring our monitors and laptop docks home, and once to swap out a glitching laptop.

My office is pretty close to the nursing home in Kirkland and when things started they gave us the option first week of March to WFH, I kept going in the office, then March 12th after getting home I was notified we were all WFH until further notice, we have no option to go into the office as all our key cards were deactivated to ensure no one can go in, if a laptop breaks we get one FEDEX'd to us. We were just told that last week that July 1st they will allow a few people back and it will be in stages. The first people back are going to be met with cobwebs and lots, and I mean lots of dead plants.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My office is pretty close to the nursing home in Kirkland and when things started they gave us the option first week of March to WFH, I kept going in the office, then March 12th after getting home I was notified we were all WFH until further notice, we have no option to go into the office as all our key cards were deactivated to ensure no one can go in, if a laptop breaks we get one FEDEX'd to us. We were just told that last week that July 1st they will allow a few people back and it will be in stages. The first people back are going to be met with cobwebs and lots, and I mean lots of dead plants.
Pretty sure some of my coworkers were arranging an emergency plant rescue network as stuff started to lock down. Like "I'm at desk X, so-and-so is at desk Y, if you're getting your machine, how much can you stuff in your car?" I think a few people ended up babysitting several random coworkers' office plants before it all got sorted.

We have a skeleton facilities crew on site, but if you're not on that list, the office is now verboten without permission. The return plan is getting batted around, but details are still up in the air and pre-decisional.

exNavyOffRec

Pretty sure some of my coworkers were arranging an emergency plant rescue network as stuff started to lock down. Like "I'm at desk X, so-and-so is at desk Y, if you're getting your machine, how much can you stuff in your car?" I think a few people ended up babysitting several random coworkers' office plants before it all got sorted.

We have a skeleton facilities crew on site, but if you're not on that list, the office is now verboten without permission. The return plan is getting batted around, but details are still up in the air and pre-decisional.

We didn't even have that chance, I had a coworker who was working late and went to get dinner, when she returned she was locked out, all keycards remotely deactivated at around 6 pm with no notice, the building maintenance doesn't even have access. I think a few people left their laptops in the office and instead of letting anyone in they just sent them new laptops.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We didn't even have that chance, I had a coworker who was working late and went to get dinner, when she returned she was locked out, all keycards remotely deactivated at around 6 pm with no notice, the building maintenance doesn't even have access. I think a few people left their laptops in the office and instead of letting anyone in they just sent them new laptops.
Nice to see your management has such stellar social skills, and is so comfortable interacting and communicating with their employees.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Speaking of suicides, this Bay Area hospital has seen more suicides than COVID deaths. And the pain from the lockdown hasn’t even been fully realized yet.

“"Personally I think it's time," said Dr. Mike deBoisblanc. "I think, originally, this (the shelter-in-place order) was put in place to flatten the curve and to make sure hospitals have the resources to take care of COVID patients.We have the current resources to do that and our other community health is suffering."

The numbers are unprecedented, he said.

"We've never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time," he said. "I mean we've seen a year's worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks."”

robav8r

None
Contributor

Speaking of suicides, this Bay Area hospital has seen more suicides than COVID deaths. And the pain from the lockdown hasn’t even been fully realized yet.

“"Personally I think it's time," said Dr. Mike deBoisblanc. "I think, originally, this (the shelter-in-place order) was put in place to flatten the curve and to make sure hospitals have the resources to take care of COVID patients.We have the current resources to do that and our other community health is suffering."

The numbers are unprecedented, he said.

"We've never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time," he said. "I mean we've seen a year's worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks."”
Fucking Libtards . . . .

Attachments

• 247B411B-557F-490F-A62D-E49B6BD2C8D0.jpeg
    247B411B-557F-490F-A62D-E49B6BD2C8D0.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 69

exNavyOffRec

I keep seeing stories people are writing on how the persons dad/grandfather, grandmother, mom, etc....... survived WW2 and has died from coronavirus, not to be cruel but these people were in their 80's to like 99? One talked about how their father fell broke his hip, went to the hospital then after surgery passed away due to complications, then the test came back positive for coronavirus so that is what in the article it says he died from. I feel some of these articles are getting to be a bit much.