• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19... "Am I shipping to OCS/ODS"?

Flyerdad

There's been growing posts and PM about applicants knowing the current status of accession training.

As of TODAY (3/17), RTC and OTCN (OCS/ODS) are still in full operating status... meaning they are taking folks and training them. If there is an officer candidate/recruit with suspected symptoms, they will be "isolated", tested and evaluated to see if they can resume training. If not, they'll continue to be isolated until fully released from medical care. This "SOP" might change depending on what is taking place...

If you are shipping soon and feeling symptoms, please let your recruiter know ASAP. Please do not attempt to ship and possibly infect others.

If anything changes, whether it's minutes, days, etc. from this original post - I'll try to provide updates. If nothing is posted, I simply do not have any other updates.

If you have specific "situational" questions, ask your recruiter. If you are a fleet applicant, please ask your chain of command or contact the MNCC if you already have orders on hand.

Thank you.
Officer and a gentleman you are. Thanks guru

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
FWIW, COMPACFLT is now the waiver approval authority for any TDY or other movement/travel for those under CPF authority. That's right, four star approval required.

Par for the course in this theater for almost everything. Not joking. I previously mentioned similar sentiment in a post about fly overs...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
"Effective immediately, the U.S. Navy is suspending all Recruit Training Command (RTC), in Great Lakes, IL, and Officer Training Command (OTC), in Newport RI, formal, large-scale graduation ceremonies until further notice as part of its proactive approach to protect our mission and limit the potential spread of COVID 19.

Recruits, Officer Candidates and students will continue to graduate, but the transition from Recruit or Officer Candidate to Sailor will be marked by small, internal events which cannot be live-streamed.

This decision was made after considering recommendations from CDC and medical professionals, to support the well-being of our students and staff, and to maintain our mission essential function of providing basically trained Sailors to the fleet.

While graduation is an important symbolic event for Sailors and their families, it is not essential for training, and in light of concerns in gathering large groups of individuals together, it would be inappropriate to continue the ceremony at this time. We will continue to closely monitor the situation, and will resume graduations and guest attendance as soon as it is safe to do so."

Is there any information of what would happen if you are tested positive for Corona? Would your ship date be postponed for any known amount of time?

I have not tested positive. Or been tested at all. I am in a high risk area and I want to know if there is an official wait to on candidates entering pipeline if they do test positive.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Is there any information of what would happen if you are tested positive for Corona? Would your ship date be postponed for any known amount of time?

It's one of many things being "figured out" right now, but very likely you would be rolled back into a later OCS class while you complete the COVID19 protocols.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Got on the phone with him today and was informed that the next to classes are canceled, according to his most recent update from OTCN. So I’m back to square one, unfortunately.

It sounds like they're putting fleet folks on hold and letting the NRD applicants ship. The MyNavyHR page just posted that graduations have been "modified" - so it doesn't sound like classes are being cancelled. Read the other posts going on.

My sources the past few days:
NETC
OTC Newport

phoets44

]
It sounds like they're putting fleet folks on hold and letting the NRD applicants ship. The MyNavyHR page just posted that graduations have been "modified" - so it doesn't sound like classes are being cancelled. Read the other posts going on.

My sources the past few days:
NETC
OTC Newport
Yeah I’ve been tracking on the 29 MAR 20 movement as well from local officer recruiters. It looks like fleet apps are holding as you said.

Catman5211

For Fleet Sailors executing orders to Officer Candidate School Class 12-20 – this class has been suspended. You should contact your Detailer/Recruiter for an Order Modification to change your class and arrival date in Newport. Guidance is being developed locally concerning reporting instructions for students as well as mitigations that will be put in place to minimize COVID-19 exposure to staff and students at Officer Training Command.

If you don’t have your detailer’s phone number or email, you should call the MNCC Contact Center at 1-833-330-MNCC(6622) or send an email to askmncc@navy.mil. These experts put you through to your detailer for guidance and potential orders modification.

FormerRecruitingGuru

For Fleet Sailors executing orders to Officer Candidate School Class 12-20 – this class has been suspended. You should contact your Detailer/Recruiter for an Order Modification to change your class and arrival date in Newport. Guidance is being developed locally concerning reporting instructions for students as well as mitigations that will be put in place to minimize COVID-19 exposure to staff and students at Officer Training Command.

If you don’t have your detailer’s phone number or email, you should call the MNCC Contact Center at 1-833-330-MNCC(6622) or send an email to askmncc@navy.mil. These experts put you through to your detailer for guidance and potential orders modification.

https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/NAVADMINS/NAV2020/NAV20075.txt