• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CORTRAMID West T-34 flight

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
thebluto
Cut up for scrap, in reply to huggyu2's question about where the T-34s are going. I have some pics on my cell that I can post later.

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa456/thebluto/

I've been told that that was in response to the civil aerospace industry's objection to the market being flooded with turboprop aeroabatic capable aircraft.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Please stop acting like this is some big secret that the Navy has T-34s that are used for low safes, general proficiency and as a flight time augment. It's not like the funding is coming from some black program budget.

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort. It's absolutely no secret that the navy takes care of the navy first, and the the Marine Corps second, even when it comes to aviation. The Hornet community just gets some spillover due to commonality.

Please stop acting like this is a safety thing and we all get to partake of the benefits equally. It's not. It's a boondoggle and not every air to ground community gets in on it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've been told that that was in response to the civil aerospace industry's objection to the market being flooded with turboprop aeroabatic capable aircraft.

I have a hard time with that one. Maybe their objection is the number of various parts that will be raining down on the public when said planes are over-g'ed. The the T-34 is old and tired. If I could afford it, I'd love to have one that's done nothing but fly for a weapon school, but I wouldn't want to have one that's been anywhere near a Training Command.

austinp126

A-6 you should get your daughter on here. Would be awesome to have another Vandy girl. Your son too, though odds are he doesn't remember me.

That would be me - I'll be a 1/C MIDN at Vandy next year, heading down to Mayport/Jax for my cruise with an HSM squadron at the end of July. A lot has gone right (or at least, not horribly wrong) for me to be this far, so hopefully my luck won't run out and I'll score a pilot slot. What year did you graduate?

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Please stop acting like this is a safety thing and we all get to partake of the benefits equally. It's not. It's a boondoggle and not every air to ground community gets in on it.
I always get a good laugh when I see the local RAG here using it’s T-34 for a weekend cross country being flown by one dude who leaves on Friday and hits 7 or 8 different airports over the course of a weekend… all in the name of “currency”. I think the squadron flies more "currency" hops than "low safe" hops.

Yep, it’s a boondoogle...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I always get a good laugh when I see the local RAG here using it’s T-34 for a weekend cross country being flown by one dude who leaves on Friday and hits 7 or 8 different airports over the course of a weekend… all in the name of “currency”. I think the squadron flies more "currency" hops than "low safe" hops.

Yep, it’s a boondoogle...

In the interest of having all the facts, the TW-5 T-34 Satellite SOP states that pilots need to keep a 7-14 day currency. So if you have a couple of pilots and they can't all get to the airframe during the week, a weekend CCX is a perfect way to maintain currency. Call it a good deal, call it a boondoggle...

Just don't hate the player.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, I remember. How is everthing going these days?

Going pretty well. Enjoy college while it lasts, and same thing with flight school, because then comes work.

And speaking of putting crap together that summer, don't try to take apart those mats that make up the dungeon floor. They were a giant pain in the ass to lay down and if you remove them, you'll be in for loads of fun.

thebluto

pilot
None
Just got to NASNI for the COTRAMID/PROTRAMID Det. Should be a good time. Here are more photos of cut up T-34s in Corpus Christi.cut up t34 8.jpgcut up t34 5.jpg

Attachments

• cut up t-34.jpg
    cut up t-34.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 14
  • cut up t34 2.jpg
    cut up t34 2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 10
  • cut up t34 3.jpg
    cut up t34 3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 9
  • cut up t34 4.jpg
    cut up t34 4.jpg