• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Consequences for Veterans and/or retirees in the 2021 DC Riots

SlickAg

pilot
By your post, all the “mostly peaceful” riots of the last year from the lefties, Antifa and BLM were also armed insurrections.

Hypocritical of the mainstream media, Dems and libs.
To be fair, CHAZ was its own nation-state for like three weeks, so I guess it didn’t “quickly fail”. It was, however, according to Washington governor Jay Inslee “unpermitted” but “largely peaceful”.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Capitol, not capital...fuck! C’mon people!!! It’s almost as bad as someone in aviation using “hanger” when they mean “hangar”...

Tangent alert: not staying on target.

Okay...let's talk about capital vs capitol and I'm not ashamed to admit this word is a sly word..maybe even trixy.

As I understand it I am businessman who expends capital to achieve business goals. I may even do this in a city that is considered a capital as there happen to be 50 capitals in our country. But I will never expend capital in a capitol as those are the buildings which house our states and country's legislative bodies. And when you get tired of this nonsense you can travel to our nation's capital, visit the capitol, and then maybe go watch a hockey game and cheer for the capitals. WTF. Over.

To sort of address Sam’s initial question, I think civilian penalties are enough. I think a lot of our problems stem from the “adversary” relationship that has exploded between the right and the left. I think if you hammer these folks too much, you make them martyrs.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Folks, all this talk of calling people back to active duty to CM them is a distraction. If they committed a crime, they should be prosecuted. Period. Many of the faces you’ve seen over the past few days, ransacking the Capitol, are already in custody. If they happen to be veterans, or retirees, that’s unfortunate, but ultimately irrelevant to adjudicating their federal crimes.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Everyone should watch this, all the way through the point that a woman is shot dead.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I am really loving the crowdsourcing on identifying the rioters. Pure schadenfreude.

I have a relative who turned in another relative to the FBI tip website; we'll see what happens, all we know is said other relative was present at the Capitol and supported the seditionists; but also claims the ones causing the destruction were Antifa / BLM plants. Turning in relative's motivation was less schadenfreude, but more like "justice should be served." What pushed her over the edge was when rioting relative posted that she had taken down her American flag from her house and replaced it with a Trump flag to show that "America is dead [to her]" and the "one true leader" is Trump and she was so sad the "revolution failed" and we are headed to "communism." We figured if she didn't do any destruction, then she won't face many problems, but she will likely know people who did commit heinous acts.

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In my view, the sheer number of people inside the Capitol was what gave the mob the power to do what it did. Every one of them is an accomplice to all the individual acts of crime, to include murder. A lot of criticism has been leveled at the Capitol Police, and that’s certainly warranted in many cases, but you have to feel for most of the rank and file in the video. They were faced with an impossible situation.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
An armed insurrection usually is armed. That’s a good start. I saw a lady got shot trying to climb through a window. How many police/secret service were shot during the armed insurrection?
At least one officer is dead after being hit on the head with a fire extinguisher.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not a JAG, but I am a lawyer, in simple terms a person may lose their federal pension for a conviction of a crime contained in 5 USC 8312, you can read the statute here. Some of them look real close to what transpired.

From the reading that I’ve done, it seems like as a practical matter, it’s a pretty high bar to meet to go after someone’s retirement, though the seditious nature of some of this may be different than garden variety crime.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Folks, all this talk of calling people back to active duty to CM them is a distraction. If they committed a crime, they should be prosecuted. Period. Many of the faces you’ve seen over the past few days, ransacking the Capitol, are already in custody. If they happen to be veterans, or retirees, that’s unfortunate, but ultimately irrelevant to adjudicating their federal crimes.
Holy shit.....I agree with Brett..