• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Consequences for Veterans and/or retirees in the 2021 DC Riots

Hair Warrior

Contributor
There is ample argument to be made that Twitter, Google-Youtube-Alphabet-Android, Apple, Amazon-AWS-WholeFoods, and Facebook-WhatsApp-Instagram are each a monopoly and/or engage in anticompetitive practices.

There is plenty of legal precedent to confront them on antitrust grounds, e.g. Ma Bell, Standard Oil, Microsoft IE.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Man, watch one football game, and your post is buried 20 pages back.

Question for you, did Trump have an obligation to tell his supporters to stand down from their assault on the capitol? Under his responsibilities as POTUS to protect the United States?
This round and round is exhausting. Just cause the media doesn’t want to report it, he did tell them to go home.

“But you have to go home now,” Trump said. “We have to have peace.”

taxi1

pilot
This round and round is exhausting. Just cause the media doesn’t want to report it, he did tell them to go home.

“But you have to go home now,” Trump said. “We have to have peace.”
When?

As soon as he knew the capitol had been broken into?

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
EDIT: Just wanted to add that the platform in question is once again turning out to be the bane of our society.

Changing directions here, but goes to the pathology of recent events.

So, I live in the upper midwest and I often wonder where all the crazy talk comes from when I hear it from people I actually know. And I always ask myself where so-&-so got that idea from because some of this stuff just doesn't "Pop up" in idle day dreams while driving their tractor or pickup. BUT, here's a small sample of the kind of "stuff" that is out there. I'm going to link the article to the local paper, Fargo Forum, but if that doesn't work, there's also a link to the Pastor's video. In it, the Shepherd of this flock is calling for some serious stuff. I can't help but think if this guy was in the Middle east he'd be called a cleric...

Last edited:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
To be fair, I would gladly have this "war" be waged upon social media or their providers/hosts/etc than in DC with actual humans fighting in the streets or across our nation's capitols threatening our government.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
His son tweeted at 2:17. Why the 21 minute delay?

You said this:

“Find me a tweet calling for his followers to stop the violence, during the violence. After directing them to march down to the capitol. Crickets. There were none.”

I showed you one. It’s not the only one. Feel free to keep moving the goalposts but it would be better just to admit you were wrong and move on.

taxi1

pilot
Uh... 21 Minutes really isn't that long.

I bet myself and others have been in areas where we leave our cap with our phone in it on some organizer next to the door before we enter.
The fighting started before 1:00 PM, had been underway for over an hour by the time Don Jr. tweeted, and had been going on more than an hour and a half by the time POTUS asked that they "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement." By then officers had been dragged out and beaten by Trump supporters, and likely Snicknick had suffered his fatal injury.

It was another two hours before he actually told his supporters they should leave, 4 hours from the when the fighting started.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
The fighting started before 1:00 PM, had been underway for over an hour by the time Don Jr. tweeted, and had been going on more than an hour and a half by the time POTUS asked that they "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement." By then officers had been dragged out and beaten by Trump supporters, and likely Snicknick had suffered his fatal injury.

It was another two hours before he actually told his supporters they should leave, 4 hours from the when the fighting started.
Sure, I was just pointing out that some people may not have access or ability to post something to social media by the time people looking from the outside-in would require one.