• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Community Transfer from Helos to E6s/P8s?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

Pags

N/A
pilot
I
But that's not an engine, it's a power module. It says it right there in the first sentence.

I guess engine sounds too much like Injun which would be racists and inappropriate so to be extra sure no one gets offended, it's now a power module...
Give it a rest. It has nothing to do with being woke.

The power module is part of the engine. It even says that right there in the article.

ForTheBoys

pilot
Bump. Can't find any other threads like this (especially this recent) and I'm also interested in the P8 transition. Did you have any luck? I'm a HSM guy about a year out from my PRD

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Back when I finished primary in the 80’s there was a pretty strong draft into Maritime. Strong enough that I was worried I get caught up in it. Maybe guys leaving for the SHOW?
Early 90's - there was a huge window to draft 1st tour helo folks to VQ - EP-3 and TACAMO C-130'S. You had to have made HAC. Involved retread through T-44's followed by FRS. Incurred reset of 8 year service obligation from signing. Lots of folks (even a few JG's took it esp from H-2 community)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Early 90's - there was a huge window to draft 1st tour helo folks to VQ - EP-3 and TACAMO C-130'S. You had to have made HAC. Involved retread through T-44's followed by FRS. Incurred reset of 8 year service obligation from signing. Lots of folks (even a few JG's took it esp from H-2 community)

I knew more than a few of those guys, most were great and several went on to be CO's. Almost all the ones I still know now fly for the airlines.

blackbeard

pilot
Bump. Can't find any other threads like this (especially this recent) and I'm also interested in the P8 transition. Did you have any luck? I'm a HSM guy about a year out from my PRD
Did you have any luck getting a package submitted / accepted?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Nah I didn’t submit anything. Between my last post and now, I’ve decided I didn’t want to let the navy dictate my life for an additional 2 full sea tours haha. Going VTs instead
You can always go VTs and gtfo. With 25hrs of multi time you’ll be able to get an airline job.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
You can always go VTs and gtfo. With 25hrs of multi time you’ll be able to get an airline job.
Back in the day this was the case. Now PERS just cuts your VT orders just short enough to get a year of boat time before we can leave. But same same I suppose.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Back in the day this was the case. Now PERS just cuts your VT orders just short enough to get a year of boat time before we can leave. But same same I suppose.

Eh, dropping currency at the boat sucks but you can get back quick if you want. I was at a regional less than a year before starting at the majors. I wouldn't be shocked if things continue the way they are, regionals won't even be needed and they'll take you non-current in that 12-24 month range. It's the "haven't flown in 10 years while riding a desk" folks that can have issues spooling back up.