• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Common Aviation Quotes / Pearls of Wisdom

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Explain for the civilian pls?

Refusal is the speed (corresponding to the runway remaining) on the takeoff roll wherein you can no longer stop on the runway. After the copilot calls "refusal", even if you lose an engine: you're going flying.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Best quote I've EVER heard in the cockpit was my dad during the family sim times.

We're on the deck and I do the spiel before lifting off, and my dad goes "What's THIS do??" as he simultaneously pulls the collective to 160% torque. With the tq light flashing and our coming off the deck at 2K+ ft/min he was completely oblivious that anything was wrong. I was laughing my ass off..

MasterBates

And strangely, that's what you probably did on FAM-1.

It seems first time helo pilots come in 2 flavors. Those who are afraid of the collective and and therefoe do the skid dance, and those who overtorque and spin you all in on fell swoop.

KBayDog

Those who are afraid of the collective and and therefoe do the skid dance...

"We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends do dance, and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine..."

SafetyDance.jpg

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lets just say that flying with mishipmen was a workout for my left arm.

There's got to be something clever about pictures of Puma Swede and a right-arm workout...but it's Saturday morning, only on the first cup of coffee and I'm too lazy.

EDIT: But Kbay stepped up and was faster on the draw.

KBayDog

There's got to be something clever about pictures of Puma Swede and a right-arm workout...but it's Saturday morning, only on the first cup of coffee and I'm too lazy.

EDIT: But Kbay stepped up and was faster on the draw.

It, too, is Saturday morning here on the Left Coast, and I'm on my second cup of coffee.

Pags

N/A
pilot
It, too, is Saturday morning here on the Left Coast, and I'm on my second cup of coffee.

And why are you up at 5am? Saturday FCF or just getting home from Friday night are the only acceptable answers (unless you have kids).

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lets just say that flying with mishipmen was a workout for my left arm.

Flying SNAs at NHA most of the time I had to tell them it is not a TH-57 pull some torque it's ok. The one Italian I took flying I had to guard the collective constantly.