• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Colombian Prostitutes - Good Times or Career Enders?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
But just because you physically are not in your work space while under deployment orders, does that constitute liberty?
Depends on how you define it. You could be on shore patrol, and then the entire area is your work space. I think that is how this entire thing is likely being looked at from a legal perspective. By that same token, a squadron CO or CCSG could not legally order people under their command to, for example, not wear flip flops while on liberty at home station under almost every conceivable set of circumstances. This isn't rocket surgery.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I agree it's not rocket surgery, but to I can not buy the argument that a JTF Commander directing his personnel to not consume alcohol while deployed in support of a 2-day Summit is an illegal order.

I would venture that scenario would be ripe for legal challenge, assuming someone wants to go there in exchange for decreased advancement opportunities. :)

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
And how long until the first unit level commander thinks he can say the unit is operating under deployment rules while in home port or garrison?

That's where I see this going. Treating field exercises as deployed, that's what they are for. Going to the deployed mindset all the time is going to suck. Not for me, but going to suck.

Can you imagine the first airwing Fallon where CAG or the CSG Admiral imposes the no booze, no civilian clothes rules?

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
It's been done...in the Army. Those of us in the guard were restricted to GO #1 while on det out in Albuquerque, NM for dust landing and mountainous terrain training. The active duty guys were not under the same restrictions. In fact, the AD guys who were there with us from 1st Army drank beers and wore civies right in front of us for 2 weeks!

BUT, it did get brought up to someone's congressman. I am not sure where it went from there.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I agree it's not rocket surgery, but to I can not buy the argument that a JTF Commander directing his personnel to not consume alcohol while deployed in support of a 2-day Summit is an illegal order.
I never said that it was.

phrogpilot73

Thankfully the NFL O'Club is alive and well.
I'm pretty sure that my squadron would not be welcomed back with open arms, at least not for a couple more years... This year, we're going to burn some bridges at the Yuma O'Club...

By the end of AT, one of our pilots looked around and said "You know, we always call the jet guys assholes - but maybe WE'RE the assholes..."

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I'm pretty sure the Kadena O-club jet dudes feel the same way about us.

Yes, I'm certain of this.

Nothing says "wild party" at the Kadena O-club like the arrival of a P-3 squadron. The rest of the time it's pretty lame. The entire island waits with baited breath for the next epic round of NATOPS Jeopardy played over light beer on a Friday night. Sometimes as late as 2200.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor

Nothing says "wild party" at the Kadena O-club like the arrival of a P-3 squadron. The rest of the time it's pretty lame. The entire island waits with baited breath for the next epic round of NATOPS Jeopardy played over light beer on a Friday night. Sometimes as late as 2200.
one of the funnier posts i've read in a LONG time.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

I weep for my community.

phrogpilot73

This.

To put it into perspective - our "persona non grata" events involved crashing Top Gun graduation (and stealing some graduate's patch), head butting some Navy F/A-18 Pilot, getting kicked out for being too drunk, puking in the bushes out front, cock swabbing some guy's mug because he had the same callsign as one of our pilots, etc...

Truth be told, this AT will probably be tamer. Lots of new faces in the squadron, and the hardest partiers have moved on/will have moved on by then. Pretty sure me and Yanker are still going to throw down - but the LtCol that got caught with booze on the boat, the female Maj that knocked out a male 1stLt, and the Maj who likes to head butt and get kicked out, are all gone (or will be gone).

"Phrogs. Because we chose drinking over studying in flight school."

robav8r

None
Contributor

Really? My last deployment there included "Flight suit & Heels" night from the AF F-15/22 wives, NZ & AUS P-3 hosting, and we always out lasted the AF & MC bretheren. And . . . . .NEVER any NATOPS jeopardy !!!

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think every weekend here someone in my squadron has gotten kicked out, and at one point they called CFAO actual on us. Mainly because they're a bunch of pussies.