• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Colombian Prostitutes - Good Times or Career Enders?

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
And this...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/75579.html

What's with all the pay disputes? Also, not good to push a prostitute out of a (moving?) car....

I guess PRI's (prostitute related incidents) are the new ARI's. If anything goes wrong and there's a prostitute within 100 meters standby for things to go full retard quickly. Even if they happened a year ago.

So, the Marines in this newest case should have let the prostitute get in their cab rather than push her out? Or should they have just driven drunk in their own car? No danger of prostitutes hitching a ride with you in that case.

I warms my heart to read all these prostitution stories. It must mean the war in Afghanistan is over. I haven't seen a story about that in weeks. Did I already miss the victory parade?

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
The people familiar with the accused employees said some of them have said there was no sexual activity because the men were so drunk that they fell asleep immediately after bringing the women to their rooms.

Really? They are using the Whiskey Dick defense?

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
The "we've got to be seen doing something's" got this one.

Good luck enforcing this order. No alcohol, while on detachment...IN THE US! Unless you get a permission slip from your O-6 daddy, good luck enjoying your liberty. Oh, and tucked in at the end, no prostitutes, either. Fucking smart.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...ops-at-upcoming-nato-summit-behave/?hpt=hp_t3

General Order #1 was passed by LTG Honore during JTF Katrina. Except maybe around the HQ buildings I know it could not really be enforced.

(Side Note: I was in Jefferson Parish and had an Army Colonel come up and tell me that GO #1 was passed and asked if I knew what that meant. I said that GO #1 in Naval Aviation was "It's better to beg for forgivness than ask for permission". Needless to say, the discussion went downhill from there...)

However, the military now can hang it over your head that you've violate a direct (and lawful) order and can punish you if you have an incident and alocohol is somehow involved.

Do I think it silly, yes. But I've found that you spend 90% of your time dealing with 10% of the people. Rules are usually written for the Least Common Denominator and the rest of us get penalized because some folks just can't be trusted. That's who this is directed towards.
It reads like typical 'liberty policy' that we've all seen before. I've done a few port calls in the U.S. and other than the no alcohol rule, the liberty policy from the ship had many of the the same issue as far as clothing and illicit activies go.

I agree that the prostitutes is typical over-reaction from the HHQ.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The gray area WRT the legality probably boils down to how they define what being "on duty" means. Normally while on liberty (I.E. not in a duty status), the military has no right to tell you that you can't wear torn jeans or have a beer. Sounds like they're basically saying that you're in a duty status for the duration of the "deployment" to the NATO Summit.