• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College Football is back!

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
jg5343 said:
I somehow remember going to OCS with an Aggie who happens to be your husband! I am so tellin'! Don't tell me you went to t.u. and he still married you :eek:

Haha, I married him despite his maroon mistake. But in all seriousness, thank God he's not a Sooner because that just never would have happened. :icon_tong

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Grant said:
You've got to be kidding. Since you seem to hold Top 25 teams in such high regard, I'll remind you that TCU finished in the final Top 25 rankings in '00, '02, and '03, all of which were 10+ win seasons. Not exactly a rinky-dink team. They've been a serious program off and on for decades. They're not a perennial national championship contender like some schools, but they're nobody to laugh at. However, whether or not this is one of TCU's better seasons has yet to be determined. :D

In all fairness, this was a major upset because TCU was 5-6 last year losing 4 of 5 on the road (the lone victory was at Army...hooray). Plus, though they finished in the top 25 in those years you mentioned, they hadn't beaten a top ten team since 1961...which was coincidentally Texas.

If Texas doesn't win the Red River Shootout this year, I'm gonna laugh real hard.

By the way, I'm a Penn Stater, so feel free to let loose all your ammo about our 4 losing seasons in the past 5 years (I've heard it all). :)

Lawman

None
Drive Drive on down the field.....
Men of the Scarlet and Gray
Dont let them hold you back
We've got to win this game today
O! Hi! O!
Smash through to victory
We cheer you as we go
With our honor to defend
We will fight till the end
for O! Hi! O!.....

Sorry but after watching the utter desemation of the Miami (OH) Redhawks at the hands of the Bucks, Im feeling pretty good about this year. Oh and F*ck Michigan.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Lawman said:
Sorry but after watching the utter desemation of the Miami Hurricanes at the hands of the Bucks, Im feeling pretty good about this year. Oh and F*ck Michigan.

Makes me wonder if you actually watched the game. Ohio State dismantled the mighty Redhawks of Miami (OH). The Hurricanes played Florida State this past weekend. Unless of course you're still reliving the 2003 Fiesta Bowl.

Lawman

None
Thisguy said:
Makes me wonder if you actually watched the game. Ohio State dismantled the mighty Redhawks of Miami (OH). The Hurricanes played Florida State this past weekend. Unless of course you're still reliving the 2003 Fiesta Bowl.
No more internet after drinking and wings night at BW3's. Yeah I watched it, and damn Im gonna have to edit that post.

Pags

N/A
pilot
TheBubba said:
I've got a special "affinity" of sorts for GT...

Great program, but when GT's 2nd & 3rd string use a 70-7 @$$-whoppin for so called "practice and strategy formulation", you kinda take that a little personally...
(referring to Navy's 70-7 loss vs G-Tech at the beginning of the 2001 season...)

Don't feel so bad. At least you're not Cumberland. When they played GT, it resulted in the most lopsided victory in history: 222-0.

http://www.cumberland.edu/about/gotc/pbp.html

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rankings:
#10 - Florida
#11 - FSU

That's all that matters.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Texas.....they better start lubin up....the bucks are gonna slip it to em.

and it's more like

FVCK Michigan

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
NFL? Who needs the NFL when we have all the passion without the paychecks and the associated overinflated egos. (Well, okay, that's not entirely true...)
But here's all I got to say:
texas-dm.jpg

HOOK 'EM!

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
This is one of the things i hate most about ERAU. No gosh darn football team. The only good games to go to are the ice hockey games believe it or not (but you have to be drunk to enjoy)

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
TCU? Texas? Ohio State? Michigan? I gotta say... who cares? :)

football.jpg

WE ARE...

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Steve Wilkins said:
Rankings:
#10 - Florida
#11 - FSU

That's all that matters.
It's early. :D

Our guys were pretty lackluster Monday, but finally Miami suffered more missed kicks than we did. Five years for a comeback...well, almost isn't a comeback at all. Let's hope they get their sh*t together before too late in the season. At least they helped Miami set a new record w/ the most QB sacks in a game. I'd be having a "conversation" w/ Miami's OL come Tuesday practice. Their kid's not bad, but when you've got no protection, you just get beat up after a while.

Country Boy

Proud Father
Pags said:
The Big Ten's doormat!
That is excellent! I have to clarify the earlier posts about Auburn's choke against GT. First, you have to be a team capable of beating GT to choke, (which Auburn clearly isn't this year) so it wasn't technically a choke as far as the wonderful offense led by the very experienced Brandon Cox is concerned. But it most definitely was one of the most pitiful displays of defense I have seen in a long time (and that is saying something since I have been, sigh . . ., a life long Minnesota Vikings fan). I have to say that my real team, the IOWA HAWKEYES did a number on poor Ball State(Don't worry, I realize that Ball State was essentially a high school team, since the NCAA suspended a bunch of their starters and they were forced to play mostly first-year freshman). No one in the Big Ten can hold a candle to the Hawkeyes this year!!!