• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College Football is back!

beau

How excited I was to start watching College Football this past weekend....that is until the Sooners lost!!! OH the Humanity....We choke in January with the hardware on the line.....never in Septemper...Never!

Oh well the price of having a great program is to watch them fall from grace now and again.....A least the season will be more interesting to watch....Texas might actually have a chance....oh ...wait...what am I saying?? I cant say that as a Sooner!! Oh...how I cant wait for that game now...Sooners play better as underdogs and I like it when Texas is cocky.....thats when they forget how to play!!

In other news...Auburn choked as well......Texas A&M should have won.....and man...Maimi and Florida State look as bad as my Sooners. There must be a bad football virus going around.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Navy should have won too.

Texas A&M... man that was a bummer. I hope they start doing some winning so that my friend who is a Freshman there in the Corps of Cadetscan get some privledges...

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a little more than "choking" when you lose your HOME OPENER to TCU. You know, big name schools pay rinky dink schools like TCU to come play them at home for an easy win. I mean, just look at the home opener for the vast majority of Top 25 teams.

TCU !

You guys are toast this season.

/Hook 'em

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Damn skippy Navy should have won that game...

However, it'll be an interesting season as we've got a pretty young team... not that many returning starters in some key positions... No 10-2 season this year, but I've got a feeling USNA and PJ will put somehting together. Both Owens and Hampton are good quarterbacks, and Tomlinson is prolly our best reciever. If they can connect with Tomlinson on key pass plays, we'll be ok. Also, our new FB can't bull people over like Eckel did, but he's better at finding the holes to run through...

All in all, I say Navy's lookin to a pretty solid season...

Did anyone watch the Miami-FSU "game"... glad the 'Noles won, but overall, crappy football for both teams. I'd like to see FSU get alot better....

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I was at the Auburn game, and I don't think it was a choke - it was a case of one team being better than the other. Yes, Cox threw 4 interceptions, but it wasn't like he was just standing around in the pocket; the Jackets' defense was keeping him off-balance all game. The DBs... well. For some reason they were giving a 5 yard cushion all game, and Cox, et al exploited it. Auburn's defense was never able to keep the Jackets from establishing a run game, and Ball (finally!) made good decisions all game. Like I told my buddy, that game was like watching football rope-a-dope. Tech would give and give and give, and then Cox or someone (Auburn OL - 5 false starts!) would do something dumb resulting in a punt or TO.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Nothing like watching GT give Auburn a kick in the junk.

Like every other year, the first weekend just goes to show how little preseason rank means.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
GT's place in my heart...

I've got a special "affinity" of sorts for GT...

Great program, but when GT's 2nd & 3rd string use a 70-7 @$$-whoppin for so called "practice and strategy formulation", you kinda take that a little personally...
(referring to Navy's 70-7 loss vs G-Tech at the beginning of the 2001 season...)

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can I just say...Hook 'Em! :) I can't even begin to gather the words to describe exactly how happy I am that college football is back.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
TheBubba said:
Did anyone watch the Miami-FSU "game"... glad the 'Noles won, but overall, crappy football for both teams. I'd like to see FSU get alot better....

They gotta play that game later in the year, esp. now that their conference rivals. The best rivalries are in November. The ACC however, likes to get that game "out of the way" because if you're gonna lose, lose early, so you'll still be in the running for a BCS at-large.

Speaking of which, that Texas-Ohio State game is gonna be huge.

kray1395

As I'm sure that I'm the only member of airwarriors.com that is a fan, I feel it is my obligation to get in a shout out for Louisville.

GO CARDS!!

UK had a good showing against us on Sunday but to hold them off and leave Lexington and a hostile crowd with a win in that great rivalry is a testament to how good Louisville is. And it's great to be in the Big East.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
crysmc said:
Can I just say...Hook 'Em! :) I can't even begin to gather the words to describe exactly how happy I am that college football is back.

I somehow remember going to OCS with an Aggie who happens to be your husband! I am so tellin'! Don't tell me you went to t.u. and he still married you :eek:

zuggerat

squeeze said:
It's a little more than "choking" when you lose your HOME OPENER to TCU. You know, big name schools pay rinky dink schools like TCU to come play them at home for an easy win. I mean, just look at the home opener for the vast majority of Top 25 teams.

TCU !

/Hook 'em

its always comforting to hear from squeeze... a beacon of light and charm if u ask me... anyways it could be worse... ur school could not HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM... binghamton university baby... pole vaulting and tennis for life!

Grant

squeeze said:

TCU !

/Hook 'em

You've got to be kidding. Since you seem to hold Top 25 teams in such high regard, I'll remind you that TCU finished in the final Top 25 rankings in '00, '02, and '03, all of which were 10+ win seasons. Not exactly a rinky-dink team. They've been a serious program off and on for decades. They're not a perennial national championship contender like some schools, but they're nobody to laugh at. However, whether or not this is one of TCU's better seasons has yet to be determined. :D

To keep this thread somewhat military related... I'm thinking about road-tripping up to the Air Force Academy in October when we play there. :icon_smil

XeroCool

Last year was good for my schools FootBall team. We beat two teams that were supposed to walk all over us. Florida State and NC state. I went to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, TAR HEEL baby, Number 1 National Basketball Champs. I cant wait to see how we do this year since most of our boys went pro.
XeroCool