• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College Football is back!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
alabama_matt said:
Bama over Texas Tech 23-17
LSU over Miami 28-21
Florida over Iowa 28-24
South Carolina over Mizzou 17-14 (no basis for the points, i just think spurrier will win)
Georgia will beat WVU 35-28
Wisconsin will beat AU (I hate auburn)

There are my predictions for the SEC. Take them for what you want.

USC will beat UT by 14
Penn St. will destroy FSU easily (Bobby Bowden will crap his pants when he's losing by 24 at halftime)
Ohio State - Notre Dame will just be a fun one to watc. I have no idea how it will turn out.

as much as you hate Auburn, I think they'll pound Wisconsin pretty good. Georgia should beat WVU pretty good too, given that it's a home game. Let's not forget the UGA's 2 losses are by 1 to Auburn, and 4 to Florida when they were without DJ Shockley...LSU found that out the hard way.

Oh yeah, I wanted Penn State to matchup against VA Tech for 2 top 5 teams, but I'll be satisfied that JoePa gets to deny Bowden of a bowl victory while picking up a game on him.

Fuck it, let's go bowling.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Yeah, I'm not that realistic about Auburn losing, but I can dream, can't I?

a_m

None
Come on, someone else has to have some bowl predictions. I'm going through withdrawals right now, so please throw me a bone.

KBayDog

alabama_matt said:
Come on, someone else has to have some bowl predictions. I'm going through withdrawals right now, so please throw me a bone.

"Bulls, four hundred and two to zip...but, Michael Jordan will be held to under two-hundred points."

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
alabama_matt said:

Michigan State isn't a bowl this year again.

My Prediction: We won't be in one next year either.

a_m

None
Alabama is holding their own against Texas Tech. Now I just hope they don't melt down in the 2nd half.

NavyWife2001

I think it stinks that LSU got a crappy bowl when we beat the tar out of everyone (except UT). Why the heck did Auburn and FL get better bowls? I think that the BCS is flawed! LSU kicked Miami's butt and should have played a harder team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!

LSUMarine

Lay off me! I'm starving!
NavyWife2001 said:
I think it stinks that LSU got a crappy bowl when we beat the tar out of everyone (except UT). Why the heck did Auburn and FL get better bowls? I think that the BCS is flawed! LSU kicked Miami's butt and should have played a harder team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!

Miami and the BCS Bleauxs. Oh yeah, USC is NOT playing for their 3rd national championship in a row. LSU has possession of the trophy from two years ago. Sucks for them, but it's a fact.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
NavyWife2001 said:

GEAUX TIGERS!

That's the problem with conferences that use a championship game...the loser has pretty much no chance of an at-large bid, and bowls like teams that finished winning. Heck, the Outback bowl took Iowa, because they figured the Iowa fans would travel much better than a bunch of disgruntled Michigan fans.

a_m

None
Well, the important thing is that all of this "USC vs. the world" crap was blown out of the water. Were they a dominant team? Yes. As good as the media made them out to be (apparently one step away from Jesus)? No.

Crowbar

None
NavyWife2001 said:

GEAUX TIGERS!

Does that include that win LSU eeked out over Arizona State? Or the three point win over Auburn where Auburn's kicker missed 5 kicks? Didn't realize that was "beating the tar" out of someone. What about the 16-13 Alabama game? Or maybe you're talking about the whomping the Tigers gave Arkansas. Yeah, the two point win over Arkansas. That one. Not to mention THE LOSS TO GEORGIA IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN.

LSU's biggest win over any ranked team this year was four points.

Don't get me wrong, I love LSU football and went to the Peach Bowl this year (unlike a lot of LSU fans I know who boycotted it because it wasn't a BCS bowl). But the only teams LSU embarassed this year were unranked teams.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Crowbar said:
Does that include that win LSU eeked out over Arizona State? Or the three point win over Auburn where Auburn's kicker missed 5 kicks? Didn't realize that was "beating the tar" out of someone. What about the 16-13 Alabama game? Or maybe you're talking about the whomping the Tigers gave Arkansas. Yeah, the two point win over Arkansas. That one. Not to mention THE LOSS TO GEORGIA IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN.

LSU's biggest win over any ranked team this year was four points.

Don't get me wrong, I love LSU football and went to the Peach Bowl this year (unlike a lot of LSU fans I know who boycotted it because it wasn't a BCS bowl). But the only teams LSU embarassed this year were unranked teams.

Right...plus they lost to a five win Tennesse squad. :confused:

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
LSUMarine said:
If you happen to be anti-USC, then you may enjoy this link:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/ncaafootball/288330.html

Never thought I would say it, but... Hook'em Horns!!
So much for all the 3-Pete and "Best Team EVER" BS.
Thank you Texas for sparing all of us 9 months of that crap.
Fantastic. My favorite pic is the one of Reggie Bush crying as he's walking off the field. At least it looks like he's crying.
Awesome game on both sides of the ball.
Man, I love Vince Young.