• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coke, Soda, or is it Pop?

Coke, Soda, or is it Pop?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Considering a Yankee is typically referred to as someone from the Northeast, you're wrong. However, people in the Northern half of the United States, centered in the midwest, seem to call it Pop.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Considering a Yankee is typically referred to as someone from the Northeast, you're wrong. However, people in the Northern half of the United States, centered in the midwest, seem to call it Pop.

It's obvious you're not from Texas. North of TX = Yankee. We were our own country, we're allowed to bend the rules. :)

btw- It's Coke...you can get away with 'soda', but 'pop' is really really gay.

bluesmobile

P-3 copilot
pilot
Originally from Chicago, called it 'pop'. At some point during college, converted to 'soda'. Not really sure why, it just sorta happened I guess

And euchre's not just an indiana thing, it's four states: Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois. If you know how to play euchre and are not from one of those states, then you probably learned it from somebody who's from there

riley

Yep - Yankee is anyone that lives north of the Red River....

Like everyone else from the great state of Texas - it is coke.

I like it, though, when Yankee girls say soda - there is something sexy in that.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Luck said:
In East Texas it's either coke or soda. But my Great Grandma thats 96 years old calls it "soda water."

Luck I hear that all the time from the old timers. They call it soda water, us young'uns always called it coke no matter the flavor, after all Coke was the first carbonated beverage.

Where, in E. Texas, are you from and/or at, Luck?

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I'm from Chicago... I'm a Cubs fan, know how to play euchre, and it's POP! But here in Texas they don't know what that is.

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
ha

I'm from the midwest, so I am just going to have to stand up to this below the belt comment:

You, my friend, are gay. :)

(this cheap shot brought to you by the makers of Big Red, the wierdest POP ever to leave Texas)

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
I hate to tell yall your wrong, but you are. My grandfather knows everything there is about everything and my papa tells me its "pop" so I believe him, he's from Missouri. Otherwise its Coke to my old man from Mississippi. By the way, what is this "soda" you speak of? Now go get a Bud and giggle at them north east folks.

p.s. whoever has the tag line: "i before e except in Budweiser", I got to say its a good one.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
It's obvious you're not from Texas. North of TX = Yankee. We were our own country, we're allowed to bend the rules. :)

LOL hahhahaha

(stupid 10 character minimum)

Killer2

TRONS!
None
"Do you want a Coke?"
'Yeah'
"What kind?"
'Dr. Pepper'

Everything is a coke until you identify it by name.
Had a friend from Neb. he called it Pop till i started hitting him. You want I pop I 'll give you a pop, boy don't you know your in Texas!:icon_rage Who the hell calls it pop?

Status
Not open for further replies.