• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coke, Soda, or is it Pop?

Coke, Soda, or is it Pop?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I voted soda (originally from upstate NY), however, it seems like people from Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and the midwest call it pop.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
"Do you want a Coke?"
'Yeah'
"What kind?"
'Dr. Pepper'

Everything is a coke until you identify it by name.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
no matter what it is, it's all a coke. otherwise it's a soda, WTF is up with pop.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Pop, native of the midwest (Chicago).

....and not a Cubs fan.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ohio born, Ohio bred, PA educated. It's still a damn soda! "Pop" just sounds so childishly gay . . .

Luck

In East Texas it's either coke or soda. But my Great Grandma thats 96 years old calls it "soda water."

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I call it Coke. My wife from Chicago calls it pop. So my vote in the poll was for coke. My wife started calling it soda when she left Chicago. She says nobody outside Chicago understood her when she said pop.

Oh yeah, my wife looks good in a mesh tank top :eyebrows_ .

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
midwest....it's pop. although when I was visiting my brother in texas..i asked what kind of pop they had at a restaurant....and the waitress couldn't actually answer that. My brother chimed in and said "he means coke" so I said, yea but I want dr. Pepper", and my brother said "everything is coke here" yay...i felt stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.