• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
wink, you're killin' me. It was almost an AF slam, but in a good way. I can't deny that we enjoy the highest standard of living of all the services. I also can't deny that I haven't participated in an organized PT since I was in tech school. Luckily, I've had the motivation to keep myself in decent shape. That can't be said for many in the AF. I do believe that we are the least "military" of the military services, but that isn't always a bad thing. AF OTS suggests you bring a laptop and they do get to drink coffee, though I think they fall short of cookies and back rubs. I know OCS is a whole other bag of potatoes. Life's gonna suck, but it can only get better. I'll always have a bit of AF in me, but I'm very proud to be going Navy.

stocktok

whatever you do, don't fall asleep during a drill brief by your DI. a guy in my class did this. absolutely nothing good will ensue. our class became very intimate with the rose garden.....

crumb777

Regardless of what anyone says on this thing the only thing that will get you thoruhg is YOU. Coffee will not help and you don't get it anyway. Being at the top of your OCS class does not mean a damn thing. You don't get to be a LTjg, nothing. Concentrate on gettting through OCS first and then concentrate on your school and do well there. At your designated warfare school you will not be made a "JG" either, but it can't hurt to try and be the best.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Yeah, you can just tell your DI, "hustle up wit' my latte, biyatch." Then as soon as you wake up start bustin' out some serious pushups and hope he doesn't twist your head off.

jaerose

Now if by 'coffee' you mean 'my DI's size 11 field boot up my arse,' then yes, you will probably get plenty of 'coffee!'

JR

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stress Cards?!!! I knew they had those things in Boot Camp, but in OCS? Why back in the old days of AOCS...

Agent00JP

Once you start Seamanship/Navigation classes you will be able to get coffee to stay awake during class. It is by the bathroom at that end of the ac building.

JP

Meridiani

Wink, rest assured that there are no stress cards at OCS. In fact, stress card in bootcamp are primarily the stuff of urban legend. Check out the "military" section of www.snopes.com for more info.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well I'm glad they are gone. I knew a sailor in the reserves that had gotten one at boot and indeed, it was used as in the "legend", whether that was the Navy's intent or not.

malvarez24

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! Sorry buddy, but you need to get used to sleeping under 5 hours and waking up at 0430-0500 every night. It sucks but you get used to it quickly.

MT1

It is amazing what the body and mind can do for you. I recall when I was a NUB on a SSBN, I averaged 4 hours of sleep a day for several months just to get qualified SS. Before reporting onboard I never thought my mind and body could handle such deprivation of sleep. Now when I go to sea I can still think clearly with no sleep for three days. ( I'm a Mormon so I cannot drink anything that contains caffeine.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, I haven't been out of OCS that long... I went through in FEB 98. What is the rose garden? We had the pit when I was there. By the way, ask the DI for some coffee...I dare you!

Status
Not open for further replies.