• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvgravy

Can anyone please tell me if they let you drink coffee during OCS? I am really not an 0500 kind of person and I think I am really going to be hurting coming from the west coast. Coffee sure would be great those first mornings.

Meridiani

Hey, yeah! A back rub would be swell.
icon_smile_wink.gif

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Dude, as a fellow zoomie, I can see where you're coming from. The years of being pampered are soon to be over I'm afraid. The real military awaits. I really hope you were just trying to be funny, but I really can't tell. We didn't get coffee at basic and I'm sure the same will be true for OCS. The Marine DI's are gonna love us.

If you really need a way to wake up fast, try this little tip: thump a nut. Doesn't matter which one, just pick one and give it a thump. You'll be 10 different kinds of awake in about 2 seconds.

(Just kidding about the nut thumping, don't really do that.)

NavyLonghorn

Seriously, ask the DI for Coffee and tell him you are having problems waking up. I'm sure he will have more then enough creative ideas to get you nice and bright eyed.

GTodd

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah oh man I hope the Di's do not read this. Dude you have got to be kidding. Do not ever repeat that again my friend

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Spsiratt, Why I'm just welling up with pride. I always knew you had it in ya. I do believe you get it! That was almost an AF slam worthy of a naval officer. Keep it up. Pretty soon you will deny your blue belly heritage three times before the bugler sounds taps. Don't be afraid. I'll be there for you. It's good to reject the dark side. Happy day!

chiplee

Registered Boozer
pilot
LMFAO, the stuff about nut thumping and asking the DI for coffee cracked me up. then the guy comes back with "holy $hit, I guess that means no" what a trip. he was serious,
smgreen_125.gif
you may think you have trouble waking up, but trust me, you'll be awake before you have time to feel the urge for a cup of joe. Some smokers in boot camp said they just never thought about it, but they lit up on graduation day. Seems like a great time to quit to me.

lvgravy

Ok, I guess I had it coming with that question; I am not a big coffee drinker and like I said I won't have any trouble waking up in the morning, I am just thinking about staying alert in class, I have heard people complain about this a being a problem, just wondering how to cope. I'm sure I won't be falling asleep in class but I want to absorbe as much as possible and do the best I can. Maybe it won't a problem, just thinking of the what if's, but feel free to continue slamming.

submariner8

hey gravy, I'm not a morning person either, but a couple months ago I started dragging my butt out of bed at 5-5:30 almost everyday to go PT. It sucks at first, but now I'm used to it and usually wake up without an alarm around 4:30 or so. It may be easier if you do it gradually now rather than wait until you get to OCS and try to do it all at once. Of course the nut thumping thing would work too, but that's not for me!

As far as falling asleep in class, I recently spoke to an Ensign who graduated from OCS last month, and he said just about everyone falls asleep in class at some point.

Laxanation

i think it depends on the instructor. some will take it as disrespect for them or their class and reem you out then hand you over to a DI. others will wake you up and give you another chance because they understand what we're going through. either way just hope a DI isn't standing in the classroom too. your buddies should give you a nudge too if they see you dosing.

jaerose

The PT will wake you up better than any coffee could. You'll feel invigorated and alive...until about 1300, then you'll be fighting the sleep.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.