• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CO of USS Theodore Roosevelt makes quite the statement.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Side note, where did this current obsession with using the word "ask" in place of "request" come from? As in "that's a big ask".

azguy

None
The other WCs come off horribly in that report. The Cruiser CO involved is an awesome leader and has been on the golden path for his last few tours. Hope this doesn't affect him.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Well, nothing else was implied in the article. I did just notice the link to the investigation was in it, with excerpts as provided above.. But in most articles, the links are spam so I'm pretty sure I skipped over it! Mea Culpa, and yet it was not implied in the article in any way shape or form...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I'll bite...what did CAG do or not do?

9. TheTRSMOdevelopedaflawed,worst-casecrewcasualtynarrativethat the CVW-11 CAG reinforced and frequently amplified at Warfare Commander Boards, and that had an impact on the mindset of the former TR CO and TR XO. The TR SMO fostered distrust of HHQ actions, and put his leadership in an untenable situation.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
9. TheTRSMOdevelopedaflawed,worst-casecrewcasualtynarrativethat the CVW-11 CAG reinforced and frequently amplified at Warfare Commander Boards, and that had an impact on the mindset of the former TR CO and TR XO. The TR SMO fostered distrust of HHQ actions, and put his leadership in an untenable situation.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
So if I understand the thesis of the report...

The TR CO remains fired because in hindsight he made some sub-optimal decisions during an unprecedented pandemic?

When does Dr Fauci get fired for unnecessarily wrecking the economy?

The irony is the entirety of the DoN’s novel coronavirus policy since the outbreak has been a complete clusterfuck. All the way from bubble requirements to PCS moves. So yeah, lots of pot meet kettle going on around for everyone.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

TL;DR: New information about motives and intent contained in official witness statements by CAPT Crozier and a VADM, among others.
tenor.gif