• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CO of USS Theodore Roosevelt makes quite the statement.

azguy

None
This has been bubbling up for a while now. This letter from the CO, while extremely unorthodox, just further underscores what a shit show it is out there. I'm sure it will all work out eventually but it's a bad look.

Additionally, I hope someone really questions the ORM and decision-making of those who allowed the ship to press on its Vietnam PVST.

azguy

None
Based on what first-hand knowledge that you are privy to?

I'm not on the ground but I'm not talking out of my ass either.

As a counter-point, if you're in TRSG and think everything is going swimmingly, I'd argue you're too close to the problem to have big-picture SA or be objective.

azguy

None
Fair enough @Farva01 - I'm not trying to shit on you or the guys on the deckplates out there. I know it's getting attention and and you guys have been getting after it. The "shit show" comment isn't an indictment on your response; you guys are playing the hand you were dealt.

My larger point, which I stand by, is the massive ORM error chain that led to you guys pulling into Vietnam, a 2nd-world East Asian country, weeks and weeks into the COVID pandemic; with the going-in-known that there was nothing more to gain than the allure of that first big WESTPAC Port Visit for TRSG. While it seems simply unthinkable now (and folks may want to say hindsight is 20/20); trust me, it was still pretty crazy to many of us even with what we knew back then. While I don't disagree with a word the CO wrote in his letter, I wonder what he was thinking a few weeks ago...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Fair enough @Farva01 - I'm not trying to shit on you or the guys on the deckplates out there. I know it's getting attention and and you guys have been getting after it. The "shit show" comment isn't an indictment on your response; you guys are playing the hand you were dealt.

My larger point, which I stand by, is the massive ORM error chain that led to you guys pulling into Vietnam, a 2nd-world East Asian country, weeks and weeks into the COVID pandemic; with the going-in-known that there was nothing more to gain than the allure of that first big WESTPAC Port Visit for TRSG. While it seems simply unthinkable now (and folks may want to say hindsight is 20/20); trust me, it was still pretty crazy to many of us even with what we knew back then. While I don't disagree with a word the CO wrote in his letter, I wonder what he was thinking a few weeks ago...
He doesn’t own the Strike Group, the Admiral does. Guessing their decision was based on the facts, as they knew them, at the time. Like everyone else in the world, it’s easy to throw spears for shit we can clearly see in hindsight, 14-21 days down the road from where they were then.

azguy

None
He doesn’t own the Strike Group, the Admiral does. Guessing their decision was based on the facts, as they knew them, at the time. Like everyone else in the world, it’s easy to throw spears for shit we can clearly see in hindsight, 14-21 days down the road from where they were then.

You're making my point for me! Read earlier posts.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While some laud his actions as being hero-like, some also think this is career suicide by speaking up. Time will tell.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor

You're assuming Vietnam was the vector. This is not necessarily true. That's all I can say.