• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CMV-22B Osprey Rollout

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Arriving!

Question - crewman trailing the 50‘ ICS cord of death in this video. Is wireless ICS for crewman in the back not a thing yet?
I don't know if the CMV has AWICS or something similar, but let's just say wireless isn't always the best tactical choice.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Concur. We had AWICS and it sucked. No one used it because of the magnitude of it's suckage.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Aren't most if not all of those coms done with hand signals?
It's easier with a long cord. When I got to HSC most guys used to long cord but then that stopped for some reason (maybe when AW became the way of the aircrew shop) but I missed it. I was jealous watching the HMM and VMM guys long cord.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
It's easier with a long cord. When I got to HSC most guys used to long cord but then that stopped for some reason (maybe when AW became the way of the aircrew shop) but I missed it. I was jealous watching the HMM and VMM guys long cord.
Unless things have changed in the last six months, the Army still uses them.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Well no COD-sprey Lego model anytime soon

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-...-helicopter-postponed-and-possibly-cancelled/

The LEGO Technic Bell Boeing Osprey V-22 was designed to highlight the important role the aircraft plays in search and rescue efforts.
While our set depicts a rescue version of the plane, the aircraft is predominately used by the military.? We have a long-standing policy not to create sets which feature military vehicles and in this case we have not adhered to our own internal guidelines.
As a result, we are currently reviewing our plans to launch this product on August 1.