• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Class Patch Design

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
actually though, no, i was grandfathered into the new tatt rules. I removed the ones from my lower arms at my own discretion. the military did it for free though (for training, research, and whatnot). Saved me quite a bit of chump-change though. I still have a bunch of ink (the removal process would take a good 10 yrs of constant sessions and CONSTANT PAIN to get it all).

:eek:
If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to "aquire" those & how much dinero did you have invested in getting them before the Navy started "burning them off" for free?

GMan1976

Banned
:eek:
If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to "aquire" those & how much dinero did you have invested in getting them before the Navy started "burning them off" for free?

Got them pretty regularly from age 17-24. Spent a few grand over the course. Navy didn't remove them (the only Navy laser for tatt removal is at Balboa in San Dog and I was in the District). Malcolm Grow Med Center is on Andrews AFB (20 mins outside DC) and as you all know, Walter Reed Med Center is Army.

Stubby

Ask the Chief
Crew Patches

Here are a couple of my first crew Patches. Go VP-19!

vp19crewcac9a_20feb2000.jpg
vp19crewcac9_20feb2000.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Go VP-19!
My brother was a NFO with Big Red from 1984 -87.

Moffett was a great place. I google earthed it yesterday and it was terrible to see empty ramps where there used to be at least 75 to 80 warpigs at any given time.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My brother was a NFO with Big Red from 1984 -87.

Moffett was a great place. I google earthed it yesterday and it was terrible to see empty ramps where there used to be at least 75 to 80 warpigs at any given time.

75 to 80? Good christ!

In some ways, I miss the Cold War... big Navy cool.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
75 to 80? Good christ!
7 squadrons, plus a reserve squadron and a RAG. 10 to 12 planes per squadron and about 30 at the RAG. Always a full ramp, planes to fly, Soviet subs to track and flight hours to burn......:D :D :D

GMan1976

Banned
Well, we decided against the patch idea in the orig post I made... and came up with this... Would you believe this got denied for being too risque??? Sigh, must be the new "touchy feely" military... :(

The thing I don't get is that the same squadron has other class patches that read "Rock out with our chocks out" and "Fast Erect"....:eek:

well in any event, not my call to make... so the patch gets scrapped... any ideas for another one?

Attachments

• class patchb.jpg
    class patchb.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 191

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The thing I don't get is that the same squadron has other class patches that read "Rock out with our chocks out" and "Fast Erect"....:eek:
I always have gotten a chuckle from vertical gyros with the "pull knob for fast erection" placards....

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Well, we decided against the patch idea in the orig post I made... and came up with this... Would you believe this got denied for being too risque??? Sigh, must be the new "touchy feely" military... :(

well in any event, not my call to make... so the patch gets scrapped... any ideas for another one?

Hey Greg... remember me? Lil ol' Edson from API? The Vance Schmuck? I too have been put in charge of my classes flight patches... here's what we have up for approval right now:
Proof2.jpg

no comments on the pen tab or AF nametag... Navy boys are in the minority up here, and I design what the AF kiddies want...

Some of the boy's wanted funny or comedic... but a lot of the even "barely risky" one's are getting scrapped i've heard. That's why our class kinda steered toward an old school design.

For risky though, I still like the slogan that applies to a squadron with male and female hardcore rocking pilots: Balls to the Wall, Snatch to the Hatch Somehow... I don't think they'd have approved that if I'd put it up the chain though...

pdx

HSM Pilot
I used to get a kick out of the VT-3 patch with the student getting kicked square in the nuts. It read "the morale stops here."

They seemed to wear it with impunity.

sniksnak

Flew Hornets when the Navy still did that
pilot
I used to get a kick out of the VT-3 patch with the student getting kicked square in the nuts. It read "the morale stops here."

They seemed to wear it with impunity.

yeah, that was a good one!

Stubby

Ask the Chief
Love the crew patches

Just to show that we aren't totally PC even today, here is my last couple of crew patches.

Hal-
Yeah I grew up in the Mountain View area near Moffett Field. I've driven through there a couple of times since it closed. The silence is almost defening. barbers Point is the same way....

Attachments

• vp9cac1_01_04jan2004.jpg
    vp9cac1_01_04jan2004.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 176
  • vp9cac2_01_14may2004.jpg
    vp9cac2_01_14may2004.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 187

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dangit Stubbs, I still want one of those CAC-2 patches. Waggle couldn't get me one. Check your Private Messages.

Stubby

Ask the Chief
LT!
I found a desert CAC-2, if you want a color one let me know and I'll see about stitching a new one....

HAL,
Here are a couple of patches you might like....

Attachments

• Moffet.JPG
    Moffet.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 165