• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Class Patch Design

GMan1976

Banned
Working on designing a class patch for my Primary squadron. Just wanted to get some feedback or suggestions.... I'm not an artist or a graphic designer so be nice!

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Attachments

• helmet3.jpg
    helmet3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 293

GMan1976

Banned
a suggested change... the glasses and possibly the Sqn Insignia on the helmet instead of "slow"?

Attachments

• helmet3.jpg
    helmet3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 147

FlytheBall

Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fvck yourself.
pilot
Just my opinion, but the AF does class patches...kinda think they are a little gay.

GMan1976

Banned
yeah, i'm a navy dude in an af filled sqn... (that prob gives it away)

they want to do one... i'm just throwin around some ideas.

FlytheBall

Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fvck yourself.
pilot
The problem is they all go nuts and end up buying stickers and what not and spending oogles amount of money on something you wear for a couple months...guess I am just a cheap *******. Plus i like the professional "navy" only patches on flights suits. I think that is what seperates us from our not so professional blue bretheren. Just a thought.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
. Plus i like the professional "navy" only patches on flights suits.

Are you serious? Have you seen some of the patches out in the fleet?

The patches you have made are not that expensive, and they are unique to your class.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Plus i like the professional "navy" only patches on flights suits. I think that is what seperates us from our not so professional blue bretheren. Just a thought.
I really should post some of the crazy "crew" patches I have, they put the class patches to shame... I have one that feature a pair of flaming "blue balls" from CAC4 :D I am sure some of the older... err more distinguished aviatiors on this forum have some patches that could peel paint!

It's all about crew/platform/squadron whatever pride, and knowing what you can and can't get away with. Also, nothing better than a wardroom full of JOs sporting the JOPA patch, followed of course by a JO walk out day to a party on the beach or sand bar... mmm beer...

Good times, and good fun.

BlkPny

pilot
Years from now, those class/squadron/deployment patches will never fail to bring a smile and start a conversation. Make them, and have fun with them. Some of the patches from the Viet Nam war are incredible. Uphold the tradition.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The problem is they all go nuts .... on something you wear for a couple months......

A couple of months ??? I don't think so .....

Check fire, check fire: this one still adorns one of my flight jackets. It represented one of my proudest units. :) A PPP --- Pre-Primary-Patch, if you will ---years later it was always good to see a "fraternity brother" in the Fleet ...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Plus i like the professional "navy" only patches on flights suits. I think that is what seperates us from our not so professional blue bretheren. Just a thought.

Confused... talking to the AF guys in my squadron, they are enjoying being able to wear morale patches b/c they can't when they get out into whatever they call the fleet... from what they tell me its USAF patch, American flad, squadron patch and nametag...

I'm all for class patches... give each class a bit of uniqueness and such...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...Some of the patches from the Viet Nam war are incredible. Uphold the tradition.

Roger that.

Can't find the one I was looking for .... and you know which I mean .... Snoopy on his doghouse, going down in flames, giving a "final salute" and reading "F-you Jane". This is "close", but it's not "it". :) I saw another one I wish I'd got --- some kind of meanest M-F in the valley character in flight gear --- it read: "BOMBING's MY BUSINESS AND BUSINESS IS GOOD" ... :)

ac130_4.jpg

BlkPny

pilot
Roger that.

Can't find the one I was looking for .... and you know which I mean .... Snoopy on his doghouse, going down in flames, giving a "final salute" and reading "F-you Jane". This is "close", but it's not "it". :) I saw another one I wish I'd got --- some kind of meanest M-F in the valley character in flight gear --- it read: "BOMBING's MY BUSINESS AND BUSINESS IS GOOD" ... :)

ac130_4.jpg

There was the classic one of Snoopy, in full WWI flight regalia, including swagger stick, standing tall and giving the one-finger salute. The simple writing was "Fvck Jane Fonda". Such eloquence. One of my favorites, along with the Jolly Roger flag with "Yankee Air Pirate".

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
There was the classic one of Snoopy, in full WWI flight regalia, including swagger stick, standing tall and giving the one-finger salute. The simple writing was "Fvck Jane Fonda". Such eloquence. One of my favorites, along with the Jolly Roger flag with "Yankee Air Pirate".

Not as detailed as you described, but the sentiment is the same. Gotta love google. :D

snoopywfinger.jpg