• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

cingular military discount--foundation account #

zilber

pilot
First of all, there is no need to extend anything. Go to a REAL Cingular store, not a mall booth or some crappy agent, and have them call the 800 number listed before. Also ask them to BACKPAY the two months it will take the discount to affect your bill. If you ever call 611 and nothing is getting resolved, ask to speak with their supervisor, it always works, and if you are trying to have something changed on your bill, and the supervisor "can't do anything about it," ask him/her to speak with someone who can.

Last thing about Cingular, if you live in Kingsville, and the network is busy all the time even though you are getting a signal, you need to get a 64K sim card, which can pick up AT&T towers in this dump. Look at your sim card, and if it says 32K, get it replaced if you are in Kingsville and getting Network Busy all the tme. I called Cingular and asked them for a new SIM card, and they wanted to charge me something like $30 + shipping. I told them that it's not my problem that their phones are giving me network busy here in Kingsville 99% of the time. The rep on the phone said that she could not give me a free SIM card, so I asked her to speak to someone who could. Two days later a FEDEX guy showed up with my card, and I have not had any interruptions with the network.

My point is, you tell them what you want done. They don't want to loose you as a customer.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Sprint offers 20% discount to military members.

I pay $80 for 3 phones sharing 2500 anytime minutes, unlimited nights/weekends at 8pm, unlimited sprint to sprint, pcs vision (web surfing, etc)..

And if you sign up for Sprint, let me know or a friend with Sprint know.. new subscribers can get a $10 credit and someone who "refers" you can get a $20 credit. ;) byoungkin@gmail.com

E

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Thanks to everyone for bringing this discount up. I followed up about two minutes ago with T-mobile and confirmed that they also have a discount of 20%. All you do is shoot an email to:

FederalMigrations@t-mobile.com

Include the following pieces of information:

Acct holder's Name
Your Cell Phone #
Your Acct # (This IS different then your cell number!)
Billing Address

That's it. If you want to verify this call 1-866-646-4688. The associate said it could take 1-2 billing cycles since they have been slammed in the last few weeks with people seeking the discount.

She also said that if you want to add lines to your account or alter your service in any way you should always call that number first in order to have any discount codes applied by the people who actually know they exist.

Hope this helps!

Space Monkey

The National Telecommunications Act of 1996 states that all federal employees are eligible for discounts through just about all of the major cell phone carriers. Sprint offers a 15% discount, I believe Verizon offers the largest at 23%. Sprint required no proof of federal service just applied the discount. Pass the word.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Space Monkey said:
The National Telecommunications Act of 1996 states that all federal employees are eligible for discounts through just about all of the major cell phone carriers. Sprint offers a 15% discount, I believe Verizon offers the largest at 23%. Sprint required no proof of federal service just applied the discount. Pass the word.

Do you know where in this text it states that?

http://www.fcc.gov/Reports/tcom1996.txt

jrox

(disclaimer: this has not been covered in another post, promise)

we're getting a new cell phone here on whidbey island, but the cingular agent in oak harbor is an "agent," not a direct dealer.

in order to get a military discount on our bill, the agent said call customer service; customer service said that we have to have a "foundation account #" in order to get the discount. when we asked how to get this #, they said go to your human resources department. uhhhh, yeah right!!

anyway, i know several of you have cingular with a military discount; can you give me the foundation account # or tell me where i can get it?

thanks!

For the Cingular/AT&T Wireless discount, call 1-866-429-7222 or go to http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/ You must have a .mil email address to qualify.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
holy thread revival! I'd assume the OP's issues have been taken care of, seeing as the original post was almost three years ago.