• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

cingular military discount--foundation account #

bennett4362

deployment sucks
(disclaimer: this has not been covered in another post, promise)

we're getting a new cell phone here on whidbey island, but the cingular agent in oak harbor is an "agent," not a direct dealer.

in order to get a military discount on our bill, the agent said call customer service; customer service said that we have to have a "foundation account #" in order to get the discount. when we asked how to get this #, they said go to your human resources department. uhhhh, yeah right!!

anyway, i know several of you have cingular with a military discount; can you give me the foundation account # or tell me where i can get it?

thanks!

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
bennett4362 said:
(disclaimer: this has not been covered in another post, promise)

Too funny!

Great topic, I was forced to switch to Cingular due to lack of coverage in my area.

Space Monkey

I believe that as a result of the National Telecommunications Act all federal employees are eligible for discounts from all of the major cell phone companies. Up to 23% discount off your bill. This includes active duty, civilians, etc.

thundersquid

pilot
Did you call 611 on your phone? They told me that even though I have already signed up through a phone dealer all I needed to do is go to the Cingular store (not the phone dealer) and take my ID and they would submit the paperwork for the discount. So go ahead and get your good deal from the phone dealer and then go to the cingular store for the discount. The customer service guy said that there was also a way to do it online, if you have a .mil email account, but I didn't look into this because I can't get to my email right now.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
I had similar problems applying the military discount to mt AT&T Wireless account (which is now Cingular). As thundersquid said, go to an actual Cingular store and show them your military ID. They should then be able to apply your discount on their computer in the store.

I have the discount and never actually found out the foundation account #. It's kind of screwy, but once it is set-up, you should have no problems.

bennett4362

deployment sucks
thundersquid said:
Did you call 611 on your phone? They told me that even though I have already signed up through a phone dealer all I needed to do is go to the Cingular store (not the phone dealer) and take my ID and they would submit the paperwork for the discount. So go ahead and get your good deal from the phone dealer and then go to the cingular store for the discount. The customer service guy said that there was also a way to do it online, if you have a .mil email account, but I didn't look into this because I can't get to my email right now.

yeah, we called 611, and that's who told us to go to "human resources" or "your boss" to get the number.

sounds like just going to the cingular store with the ID is the answer. thanks!!!!

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I just went to the store in P'cola, they made a copy of my ID and faxed it. They about a month later my bill was 19% cheaper.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Yea, you have to actually go to a Cingular store. You cant get the FAN on the phone. It shows up on the sheet they print out in the store.

Heres what happened to me..........

They take your ID (they didnt even copy mine), get your name, the name of a contact in your command (i.e. someone who can say "Yes, so-and-so is in the military) and his/her number. Then they print out a sheet saying the transaction for the 19% discount has been proccessed. One month later, i dropped 9 bucks off my bill. SWEET!

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
bennett4362 said:
this is a good link for those looking to get new plans/equipment through cingular direct, but it doesn't help me with the foundation #.

we want to specifically go through the agent in oak harbor (they have a good phone deal) so we need the #.

I believe the number is unique so I cant be like "Yea, take my FAN." When you see the cingular representative and they print out the paper, it will have your own FAN. Then youre pretty much done. It usually takes 1-2 billing cycles.

thundersquid

pilot
Here is the number you call to get the cingular military discount: 1-800-319-6393.
Call this and tell them you are calling to get your military discount, they will ask for your branch of service, name of your supervisor, and their phone number. They will process it over the phone and it will be active today.

I just did it.

You don't have to go to the store unless you want to. (and it takes one billing cycle too)

Jason