• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

cingular military discount--foundation account #

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
I called that number, service rep said the easiest thing to do is use a .mil email address from http://www.cingular.com/discounts/ for verification. Otherwise they need a verification phone number and I doubt the SDO is going to tell a phone caller that yes, so and so is in the navy.

Navy's FAN is 32427

The Navy is also included in some upgraded institution agreement that allows you to upgrade your phone 2x a year at significant discount. Example given was the Motorola V551, normally $249. We get it for $79 with free shipping. This means you can get rid of insurance because it costs $50 to replace even with insurance.

johnny778

WSO
None
I don't have a .mil e-mail account yet so I called the number. They made me let them extend my phone contract for another 2 years before they would even attempt to verify my military membership... Did anyone else have this experience? They told me it would take up to 2 months to notice any differences in the bill. :confused:

nugget81

pilot
johnny778 said:
They made me let them extend my phone contract for another 2 years before they would even attempt to verify my military membership... Did anyone else have this experience?

Sounds like they were trying to screw ya...I'd call back and talk to someone else.

Also, I contacted Verizon Wireless and they knocked $10 a month off my phone bill for a military discount.

grishajb

Anyone know the link to access your military email account and the formula they use to get your password? I have one ending in "@smail06.cnet.navy.mil" that I got a while back, but can't find login site. Thanks.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
grishajb said:
Anyone know the link to access your military email account and the formula they use to get your password? I have one ending in "@smail06.cnet.navy.mil" that I got a while back, but can't find login site. Thanks.

I am not sure what you mean, but I believe that it is against DOD policy to allow offsite access to email systems.

supplywife

Adyson Elizabeth born 2/25/2007
When I switched to cingular, we just called the 1-800 number mentioned above, they were very helpful so I would try to talk to someone else. Also, the people at the store here are rediculously idiotic and were no help at all. We took care of everything over the phone and have never had trouble since.

NavyWife2001

I called them last night and they told me they wouldn't give me the discount because I am the one on the bill. I told them the only reason that the bill is in my name is b/c my hubby is ACTIVE DUTY and has other things to do rather than deal with cell phones......Any idea of what I can do?

supplywife

Adyson Elizabeth born 2/25/2007
I don't know about that one. Our bill is in my husband's name, I never thougt about it not being in his name. I would try to talk to a supervisor, sometimes they are more willing to work with you. Good luck!!

bennett4362

deployment sucks
can't you just switch the bill to his name? i'd try to do it through the website, first, so that you can actually do it for him. if that doesn't work, just have him call one day; my husband would take the little time for the recurring monthly discount (but he's a little cheap :D)

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
NavyWife2001 said:
I called them last night and they told me they wouldn't give me the discount because I am the one on the bill. I told them the only reason that the bill is in my name is b/c my hubby is ACTIVE DUTY and has other things to do rather than deal with cell phones......Any idea of what I can do?

I had to do the same thing with my wife. Just have your husband (and you) request a "transfer of liability" (or something like that) to put the phone in his name. Then you can apply the discount.

The bill will come in his name, but you can still make payments/changes, etc. So it shouldn't make a difference in how busy he is.

Another handy bit of advice: I highly recommend you set up automatic payments for things like this anyway. With deployments and PCS'ing, you shouldn't have to worry about when what bill is due. I got burned once because of a mis-delivered bill (from the PX of all places!) and I'll never let it happen again, nor will I ever use DPP again (they are evil!). Just my 2 cents.

pdt1702

Bennett4362,
I too live in Whidbey and am about to get new cell service through cingular. I was wondering if you could tell me the name and contact info for your "agent" and what kind of deals you can get. Thanks.

kelly

D_macs Wife
Verizon Wireless also offers a discount for military. Just call and they can fax you the paper work. It was quick and painless.