• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Checking into TW-1

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Chubby said:
Are there any differences between the two squadrons (7 and 9)? I know you don't have a choice in which one you are assigned, but I was curious as to what the gouge was.

VT-9 is the Free Love Pot Smoking Hippy Squadron.

Ok, seriously, it doesn't really matter. Currently VT-9 has an IP manpower problem and they're feeling a bit of a crunch. VT-7 is chugging along nicely, though we're a little short of IPs as well. When I classed up, VT-7 was sloooow with 120 students and something like 40 IPs, due to the transition from T-2/T-45 to T-45 and VT-9 dumping all her students on them. Caused a lot of problems. Those problems are gone. Both squadrons are great and you'll get great training from either. You want VT-7 though ;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
VT-9 is the Free Love Pot Smoking Hippy Squadron.
You're saying you have a problem with that? :D

Fly Navy said:
Ok, seriously, it doesn't really matter. Currently VT-9 has an IP manpower problem and they're feeling a bit of a crunch. VT-7 is chugging along nicely, though we're a little short of IPs as well . . . Both squadrons are great and you'll get great training from either. You want VT-7 though ;)
Umm . . . riiiiggghhhtt. Will have to disagree on your last. That said, 7 seems to doing a better job of keeping people moving right now, I will give you that. My roommate is in 7 and is ahead of me by like 7 flights. This after classing up 2 weeks after me.

phrogpilot73

Fly Navy said:
I don't think we get a solo certificate until we wing. I know I haven't received one and I've solo'd quite a few times by now.
When the hell do I get my HAC certificate?!? I've signed for the mighty Phrog countless times now... (sorry, couldn't resist) :D

Deke999999

Oh ****, we're on fire. What now Geese??
pilot
left vt9 1yr and 2 dys ago, still havent gotten my solo cert. who is the co down in 9 now?

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
What the hell is a solo certificate? Never heard or such a thing except for primary tie cutting stuff after FAM solo....seems like much less of a big deal in advanced...

KBayDog

^It's the document that formally installs you as a member of the super-secret jet-jock Secret Society. The reason you haven't gotten one is because if you had been issued one, it would provide proof that the Society exists. Which, of course, it doesn't.

You already know the secret handshake and wear your secret decoder ring, so you're in.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
His name is Fly Navy...His name is Fly Navy...His name is Fly Navy...

Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face for that. Never say my name.

KBayDog

Fly Navy said:
Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face for that. Never say my name.

"I'm not disclosed to bespeak any such information to you, nor would I, even if I had said information you want, at this juncture be able."