• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Checking into API.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Afternoon gents,
I have orders to check into Pensacola NLT 6 Feb 04. I have just a few quick questions:

1) Where do I check in. I don't want to look like some lost Ensign trying to find out which way is up. I've been on base a handful of times, but only to the exchange and the museum.

2) What uniform should I wear to check in? I've been told the standard is SBD but some have checked in in khakis.

3) Black or brown shoes? When mustering and generally being in uniform... which should it be (prior to starting API)

Again, I'm not trying to look like I just fell off the turnip truck.

R/

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wouldn't check-in wearing khakis...unless they've changed something...

I checked in over the summer and you definitely wore summer whites.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
it was white for me also, some folks came in khakis but everyone said that they didnt follow the directions that were on the check in sheet.

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
The info sheet for incoming API students is located on the Aviation Schools Command website.
It says to report in either Summer Whites or Service Dress Blues according to the season. The link is https://www.cnet.navy.mil/nascweb/welcome_aboard_packet.doc

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
James, that you? It's Alex. Ha!

Lt. D said go in khakis even though the instructions said SDB. Problem solved.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Check in over the weekend in civies like I did with another stash Ensign that is standing watch [:D]

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
Four years "in the fleet" says you can't go wrong wearing the dressier uniform. February=SDB. I've had two COs who mentioned they appreciated someone taking the time to wear the SDBs to a check-in. Also, you don't have to decide which shoes to wear!

LT G.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
And when you check in to your first real command, that makes sense. But w/ Schools Command, it's like Kinda-Care. If someone says Khakis are okay, I'd go w/ that...or what John's saying, which is what I did as well.

Pags

N/A
pilot
If you're in SDBs, you're obviously just checking in so you can play the "its my first day" card a few times.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Just check in with your SDB's. It's SOP for reporting to a new command. Better to look like everyone else than to have people wondering who the guy in the khakis is...Just a thought

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
How 'bout this...wear your SDBs over a set of khakis. Put snaps in the sides of the pants like basketball players. That way you can rip 'em off if anyone says anything.

Penguin

rare21

pilot
Contributor
check in in SDB's or whites (depending on the season) then go home and change into khakis to do all the other admin crap. I took off the ice cream man suit as soon as they let me leave the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.