• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Checking into API.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
LT, I do understand the meaning of R/ and V/R, and in this setting my post goes out to anyone seeing this message. so I figure I'll end all my posts with R/. if you ever get a PM from me on this board, I would always conclude with a V/R. And if some, uhh, individuals decide to pull rank on a bulletin board... then I'm really a civilian ;)

don't knock the pull-over goodness of a wool SWO-ter on a nippy morning.

V/R

EDIT: james, you can have my SWO-ter if I get through API before you do, hehe/

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ahh.... the leather jacket is sooo much better though... and it DOES look good with khakis...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not when you wear black shoes it doesn't! Ahhh, what's an ENS to do....so many choices, so many ways to be made fun of.

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
Just saw a Wing Commodore here in San Diego in the black sweater and brown shoes...I guess some people think it's OK.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
IMHO, SWO-ter == GAY.
I'd rather wear the Black Jacket with the liner before I'd even think about wearing the SWO-ter. Yes, the coveted Leather Jacket....my friend. In my JG days, all of us Aviators at Legal-Beagle school wore our Leather Jackets to P!ss off the SWOs....even in the dead heat of summer in San Diego....That and some cool shade, you really get the looks. BTW, get a Leather Name tag from Tipsy Gypsy in Florida for the leather jacket....it really adds to the jacket....but they are kinda spendy...but worth it!
just my 2 cents!!!!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
oh yeah...the Web Address:
http://tipsygypsy.7p.com/name_tags.html
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Newsflash....SWO's have better things to do than worry about aviators wearing their leather jackets in the middle of summer in San Diego. After all, there's GQ's to plan, navigation briefs to give and be sat through, inspections to fail, and pre-underway checkoff lists to complete. Honestly, we don't give a second's thought to you guys wearing the leather jacket. I find it a little humorous though on how you felt it was necessary to wear the jacket in the middle of summer. To each his own I guess. Now an aviator in black shoes is a completely different story and an open target needless to say.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ah come on Steve, you were just a "wee bit" envious when I toured the cruiser in my flight suit. Then again, I got the shakes stepping on board, and flash backs to my time at sea.... "shudder" ...

ea6bfly, dude, thanks for that link man!! I know they weren't accepting orders, but good to get on the list, been meaning to order some leather patches, but never got around to it.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As I recall, you weren't even supposed to be in your flight suit. Except you thought you and your good buddy were gonna be the cool ones by wearing your flight suits and not khakis for the classroom part of SERE. Envious? No way, I thought it was hilarious. I think you may be confusing my supposed envy with something else.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
LOL, all I have to say, is that was ONE less day I had to be in Khakis for SERE class... hey, they didn't say what the uniform of the day was... I also recall some wiseass SWO type that tried to jack with my patches. Yeah, you're right Steve, I know how much you love your washed khakis, ball cap, and steno pad sticking out of your waist band....

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ahh yes...the Steno pad. How can you be a SWO without one?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I forgot that all SWO's have to worry about is how to remove the knife from their back side, or in some cases their front side.
icon_smile_wink.gif
Bwaaa...

ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Don't Poke SWO's they get angry!

Originally posted by Steve Wilkins
Newsflash....SWO's have better things to do than worry about aviators wearing their leather jackets in the middle of summer in San Diego. After all, there's GQ's to plan, navigation briefs to give and be sat through, inspections to fail, and pre-underway checkoff lists to complete. Honestly, we don't give a second's thought to you guys wearing the leather jacket. I find it a little humorous though on how you felt it was necessary to wear the jacket in the middle of summer. To each his own I guess. Now an aviator in black shoes is a completely different story and an open target needless to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.