• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Checking into API.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cod17

Hey, this is kinda off the subject, but what color shoes should I be wearing at API? I naturally assumed that since I am in the aviation community, it should be brown. But is there an unwritten law that says you have to "earn them"? I just want to do the right thing and not offend anyone. Thanks for your time.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
you can wear brown shoes, just wear the right (khaki) socks with them.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wasn't going to wear mine until I got wings, but I had a few winged aviators hassle me about wearing black shoes, so I wear the browns now.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
well all, I'm here. I just got in this afternoon. got into the q after a hassle trying to register and lock up my firearms at the armory. I'm two days early, so tomorrow afternoon I'm going to check in to bldg 633, still a day early. then maybe I can get a couple of things done, like dropping off records and getting into PSD.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NOOOOOOOOOO! TAKE THEM OUT OF THE ARMORY!

Get a storage place off-base, either rent a small thing or store at a friends house. Your firearms will be ****ed with, military armories are NOTORIOUS for this.

beau

Well if you checking in early go in Khakis(so you dont look like timmy on his first day). Talk to the Flight Management guys to see if you can get everything done early so that you dont have to do the group thing on Friday. NASC (Schools Command), right now at least, could give a @#$# what uniform you checked in in. My view anyhow. A lot of people wear the black shoes right now which I guess is cool, but like someone else said, once you get into a squadron, you will get sh!t for not wearing browns. I was also wondering about the right of passage thing with the shoes......but its really a command thing!

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Originally posted by Fly Navy
NOOOOOOOOOO! TAKE THEM OUT OF THE ARMORY!

Get a storage place off-base, either rent a small thing or store at a friends house. Your firearms will be ****ed with, military armories are NOTORIOUS for this.

****. now you tell me. well, at least they both have those cable locks on them to they can't use the pump action or play with the slide.

now I have to wait to make FRIENDS here, hopefully an SNFO that lives off base, but until then....

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
(so you dont look like timmy on his first day)

Talk to the Flight Management guys to see if you can get everything done early

you will get sh!t for not wearing browns.

umm, well if it's cold I plan on wearing the almighty pullover SWO-ter. so I'll get some **** for that since the cool aviator types have leather jackets. should I go in super-early, or like around lunch time?

that would be awesome to be done early.

won't just the opposite happen..I get **** for wearing brown's right away? or do any of the commands here really give a crap? I think I'm starting to nuke this, and I haven't even started.. smoke coming out of my ears... must seek cheesy-poofs.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If I was sticking around I'd offer to hold your firearms. I got quite a few myself and it pains me to see people seperated from their toys
icon_smile_wink.gif

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't worry about shoes, half of A-pool wears black, the other half brown. I've been wearing brown for 3 months and no one's jerked my chain about it.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
well, i checked in. they wouldn't let me do the things I needed to do at flight mgmt until tomorrow. it seems some others have tried the same. one guy said there are only supposed to be ~20 of us in the morning. I didn't want to go to PSD/branch medical before told to do so, so I will wait until tomorrow.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Man, after reading these posts, I have no choice but to chime in. First off, wear the brown shoes until your heart's content. I'm a SWO and I wear brown shoes in my khakis! Why? Because they match. When you go out at night and you wear khaki pants, nice shirt, with a brown belt, do you wear black shoes? God, I hope not. I have no idea why the Navy thinks that black leathers (or pleathers) actually go with the Khaki uniform. Yes, they do go with SDB's, but not Khaki for crying out loud! So, I do what I naturally do best...piss off everyone all at once. Other SWO's don't like it when I wear the brown shoes cause it goes against what they've been brainwashed with...and the aviators don't like it cause they actually think they have a monopoly on them. Brown shoes are authorized for ALL E-7 and above. Show me where it says otherwise and I'll stop wearing them. Bottom line, don't worry about the shoes. You'll look more rediculous without a gold warfare pin than you will with or without the brown shoes. Besides, you're an Ensign...if you don't look rediculous, who are the LT's gonna make fun of?

As for the SWO-ter. That thing is just plain gay regardless of who wears it. But if you really want to look cool, wear that AND the brown shoes. Pure chick magnet!

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
As for the SWO-ter. That thing is just plain gay regardless of who wears it. But if you really want to look cool, wear that AND the brown shoes. Pure chick magnet!

oh, c'mmon, you mean that it's NOT cool? well, I've been wearing the wrong getup this whole time?!?!?! for the record, I *have* been going brown shoe + SWO-ter. i figure, if I gotta do it wrong, I'll do it REALLY wrong. I like the SWO-ter better than that goddamn jacket.

checklists checklists checklists.

R/

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
I've seen him wearing them both and it didn't look too bad. I can't wait to hear the response from the other Ensigns if you wear that tomarrow. I thought about wearing one because none of the other MIDs have them.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Couple things...

- Have to agree with you on the jacket. I can't stand it either. If I wear it, then I have to wear the black shoes too! I'd rather freeze my ass off.

- Yes, that sound you hear is the other ENS's laughing at you

- Learn this next lesson now before you get hammered by your DH or XO at your first squadron. When addressing someone of higher rank, don't end it with the R/ In this case, it would be the V/R Use the R/ when addressing those of equal or lesser rank. Personally, I don't care on this forum. I'm not here acting in the capacity of a LT. I put that in my post to be humerous. However, it is a lesson well worth learning now before the wrong person has you at parade rest in front of his desk. Think I'm kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.