• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Check out MCPON's new duds

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm still hoping for SDFS's to be approved. Service Dress Flight Suit. It is the same as your everyday flight suit but only cleaner. Maybe a touch of polish on the boots and a cover with no sweat stain on it.

Sure you don't want to be in the Air Force?

whalepelt

So this is in testing now, but if it's approved, what's the story for what situations these would be worn?

Are they replacing SDB or Chokers, will they have other 'uniform seasons', etc? How did SDK fit in 'back in the day'?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So this is in testing now, but if it's approved, what's the story for what situations these would be worn?

Are they replacing SDB or Chokers, will they have other 'uniform seasons', etc? How did SDK fit in 'back in the day'?

Neither, think of them as equivalents to the Army Class A's or the Marine Service A's. An everyday suit vice a dress suit. I would not be surprised if they did away with summer whites.

Ironically, the Army is getting rid of their Class A's and going with a simpler version of their dress blues. Funny how that works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Army_Service_Uniform

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's the hazards of joint duty. Lots of O-6+'s seeing what everybody else has and asking why they can't have the same thing. Thus, we come up with digi cammies, that abortion of a proposed AF full-dress jacket, the Army wants smarter-looking service dress, etc etc. If they try to make us wear black berets, though, I'm gonna lose it.

I think the modern revival of SDKs is really just Admiral Mullen's pet rock. One of those projects that persists only as long as there's a high-roller pushing for them. I believe the idea is for them to be an around-the-office, dress-up-when-needed uniform, like the AF service blues (see?). Bomb around the office in shirtsleeves, but you can throw on your jacket and look sharp when needed.

So, pretty much a Washington/Norfolk unifrom.

phrogpilot73

If they try to make us wear black berets, though, I'm gonna lose it.
At least there would be a historical context. After all, the Brown Water Navy of Vietnam was sporting them. My Dad still has his.

murphy10.jpg

Note: This is NOT my Dad...

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
At least there would be a historical context. After all, the Brown Water Navy of Vietnam was sporting them. My Dad still has his.

murphy10.jpg

Note: This is NOT my Dad...

And think of all the other plus sides to that uniform...People a good 1/4 mile away would know you are in the U.S. NAVY. Good gawd that's a big name tape!!!:D:D:D

mike172

GO NAVY
Neither, think of them as equivalents to the Army Class A's or the Marine Service A's. An everyday suit vice a dress suit. I would not be surprised if they did away with summer whites.

Ironically, the Army is getting rid of their Class A's and going with a simpler version of their dress blues. Funny how that works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Army_Service_Uniform

Doing away with summer whites!?! noooo thats the coolest non dress uniform the Navy has! imo.