• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Charlie Co. TBS

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
ILBE, camelbacks, holey poncho, broken camp stool, and BEANIE(!) are issued. BYO 3-pt sling, which you won't even get to use until halfway through.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Like Arkham said, except they issue 3 pt. slings, which you use after the range (end of 1st month), you'll get issued Gore-Tex, but you'll just carry it around. There's no games like OCS. Who's going to count you down? A Captain? It's a much more professional learning environment.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Like Arkham said, except they issue 3 pt. slings, which you use after the range (end of 1st month), you'll get issued Gore-Tex, but you'll just carry it around. There's no games like OCS. Who's going to count you down? A Captain? It's a much more professional learning environment.

Were you not in a winter company? Cause we used the fvck out of ours in Artic Alpha. Those were worth their weight in gold.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
do u play 'games' at TBS? like everyone's favorite: the countdown game. or you didn't move fast enough getting outside so you go back inside and try again?
What kind of gear issue are they doing there now? MOLLE or ILBE? 3 point slings? camelbaks?

No there are no games like that...there will be times when you think its a game but all the screwy things like that are the result of student staff...

Gear, ILBE, 3pt slings if you buy them yourself and you can only use them on certain events. Camelbaks are issued

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
No there are no games like that...there will be times when you think its a game but all the screwy things like that are the result of student staff...

Gear, ILBE, 3pt slings if you buy them yourself and you can only use them on certain events. Camelbaks are issued

3-point slings are standard issue now. We've been using the parade slings up to now, through rifle qual, but we had a 3-point class for Table 2 of the rifle qual, and should be using them on all field ops. The last few companies have.

MasterHaynes86

From what I have been told by 2part PLCers, Juniors is just about a vacation compaired to Srs...best of luck though...

well my rackmate and a few guys that were in my platoon from Jrs that i kept contact with made it through Srs... One from my OSO said "if you prepare for OCS like you are returning to K3, you will be fine. You WILL get broke off everyday, but they were just a little worse than SI's names

NapalmRat

well my rackmate and a few guys that were in my platoon from Jrs that i kept contact with made it through Srs... One from my OSO said "if you prepare for OCS like you are returning to K3, you will be fine. You WILL get broke off everyday, but they were just a little worse than SI's names

That's how mine was. Junior's OCS was all fun and games, joking around and such. We even IT'ed ourselves in a good natured way.
...Then I went to seniors. Pray for survival. j/k. If you were prepared for juniors and built upon that prep you'll be fine for seniors.

RyanVR

The slings were money compared to the parade sling, some guys prefered the parade sling for running the e-course due to being able to tighten it more to their liking. You can't use them till after the range because thats where they technically "show" you how to use them.

Speaking of the e-course, position of your rifle is one of the major factors I dealt with that increased my personal performance. Went from the ole slip ring carry to a tight under the arm and up the side sling and finally someone showed me the one that worked best for me, slinging the rifle on your back UNDERNEATH your assault pack so tight it doesn't move.

TBS is just like OCS in that it sucks while you are doing it, but after you're done, you tell stories about shit that happened there to anyone that will listen, mostly other Marines.

MasterHaynes86

That's how mine was. Junior's OCS was all fun and games, joking around and such. We even IT'ed ourselves in a good natured way.
...Then I went to seniors. Pray for survival. j/k. If you were prepared for juniors and built upon that prep you'll be fine for seniors.

Jrs was fun after the fact. When I got on that plane home, it was fun. lol... I dont remember much joking around, but the staff did have a few games for us, lol.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Man, and this whole time i was hoping PT was dodge ball and moto runs.

Not to mention you guys are gonna fry - flak jacket with sappi plates ... I was sweating my balls off in the middle of winter with those on, wait till a muggy VA summer ... good luck ... hydrate

SMILE4BULLETS

yeah, im going Delta Co. sooooooo...im not really looking forward to another VA summer. but then again, i live in Mississippi where you can't go outside in the summer without your balls sticking to your leg and looking like you went swimming in your clothes...so i guess it could be worse.